Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Reliability (NR) Service Delivery Manager (SDM). Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
The NR SDM will orchestrate, plan, analyze, report, and perform technical activities to execute DoD Information Network (DODIN) network reliability tasks. The NR SDM will report to the task order program manager and lead/manage a mid-sized team of analysts and engineers. The team is responsible for proactive network analysis, problem identification, performance management, along with Service Level Agreement (SLA) and capacity analysis.
- Leads, directs, reviews and oversees all aspects of enterprise network reliability
- Employ tools, techniques and automation to increase network reliability and exceed performance SLA’s
- Identify and drive towards improved network performance through pro-active analysis and performance management
- Develop automation for trending, analysis and response
- Prepare technical implementation plans to design, schedule and implement performance improvements
- Deliver best practice/experience-based process documentation guidance and assistance
- Work closely with network operations to identify issues and develop/deploy solutions
- Coordinate subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions
- Identify and manage issues, risks, dependencies
- Status reporting to the task order manager and customer
- Work with the customer and external stakeholders to accomplish program goals
- Manages aspects of multiple tasks simultaneously
- Monitor, adjusts and reports on operations performance, budget and schedule
- Some travel may be required (5%)
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Working knowledge of IT networks, to include network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls)
- Familiarity with network services and architecture (BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, WAN, VPN, VLAN, VRF, etc)
- Familiarity with network management tools
- Ability to make decisions and escalate when needed
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with both technical staff and business customers
- Strong organizational skills to actively monitor, track, analyze, report, develop and provide briefings
- Self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Strong written and verbal communications, team building and collaboration skills
- Master's degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline
- ITIL certification
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.