We are seeking qualified ASO candidates for multiple openings supporting a government customer in their state of the art facility in Springfield, VA. Let us know you are interested in knowing more and our Talent Acquisition team will connect you with your PERFECT position. APPLY TODAY to learn more Leidos opportunities and let us know you are open to considering positions in the following Security Discipline:
The Area Security Officer (ASO) will have a broad knowledge base of basic security concepts. They will interpret security policy on matters pertaining to processing, dissemination, and controlling of classified materials. Coordinates information with internal and external security offices, divisions, and capable of providing clear concise communication, and developing solutions for those customers. Provides agency level technical expertise concerning physical security, industrial security, foreign disclosure/release and information security. Provide industrial security guidance to contractors using the NISPOM requirements, monitors security applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics. Conducts risk management surveys and renders recommendations and, if warranted, impact statements. Investigates and prepares impact statements, and makes recommendations on security violations. Provide guidance to internal and external customers, as required, in implementing security requirements. Updates and maintains appropriate records (e.g. database and hardcopy) of classification decisions, recommendations, etc. Conduct inspections and performs staff assistance visits, as required. Liaises with members of the DoD, the Intelligence Community (IC) and other officials as required to keep abreast of current issues, as required and insofar as protocol permits. Prepares and delivers briefings to internal and external customers.
- Provide technical security expertise in one or more of the following security disciplines: personnel, physical/industrial, computer investigations, and operations.
- Utilize security concepts, principles and practices to analyze and resolve difficult and complex security issues.
- Monitor and manage security programs and provides status reports and recommendations for decisions.
- Develop solutions, and convey to internal and external customers.
- Provide agency level technical expertise concerning the identified security disciplines.
- Monitor security applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics and maintains required records.
- Prepare and disseminate security procedures/guidance.
- Investigate and prepare impact statements, and provide recommendations on security/security violations.
- Provide guidance as required in implementing security requirements.
- Update and maintain appropriate records (e.g. database and hardcopy) of security actions.
- Conduct inspections and performs assistance visits, as required
- Liaise with members of the DoD, the IC and other officials as required to keep abreast of current personnel.
- Interpret security policy on matters pertaining to processing, dissemination, and controlling of classified materials.
- Receive, control and safeguard SCI and collateral information.
- Prepare both SCI and collateral materials for shipment to other agencies/sites IAW applicable security handling procedures.
- Prepare outgoing classified messages on employees/contractor visiting other government facilities.
- Monitor security applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics.
- Risk management - conducts surveys and render impact statements or recommendations.
- Prepare and deliver briefings to internal and external customers Prepares various forms of correspondence.
- Develop the required program/operation to support tasks/requirements.
- Monitor and manage security operations and provide government with status reports and recommendations for decisions.
- Apply experience in supporting security concepts, principles and practices to analyze and resolve difficult and complex security issues.
- Minimum of 5+ years specialized experience in working security programs.
- Requires the ability to analyze complex data and make appropriate program recommendations.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel internal and external.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team-building skills to engender rapport with military personnel, civilians, and other contractors at all levels of DoD, IC and NGA.
- Knowledge of national security program directives and standards is a must.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and with little supervision in customer's facilities is required.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills are essential. An ability to make critical judgments away from host support activities while on travel.
- A TS/SCI clearance and the willingness to submit to a polygraph test is a must.
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ yrs. experience or equivalent. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Self-starter, with ability to establish priorities, resolve immediate security issues.
- Comfortable dealing directly with senior management desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.