The Mission Solutions Operation (MSO) within Leidos’ Intelligence Group has an opening for a Vice President/Division Manager (DM). We are looking for a growth and team oriented proven leader to lead a $200M+ organization focused on mission operations & support to a classified customer. The DM will report directly to the Senior Vice President/Operations Manager and will be responsible for directing and growing a division with over 600 employees providing mission operations and support to a classified customer in the greater Washington Capital Region. The DM is expected to manage the relationship with current and potential customers and business partners while engaging our workforce to deliver flawless performance to customers
The DM will be the key leader to:
- Engage our employees in support of critical national security missions
- Maintain and grow an inclusive working environment
- Develop and implement strategy while building and maintaining a high performing team
- Establish plans and budgets and manage the operational, financial and technical performance of the division
- Work with the Group BD team to identify, capture, and win profitable business opportunities
- Increase base by growing organically and promoting Leidos direct labor on existing programs.
The DM must demonstrate highly ethical performance and behavior that is conducive to professional growth, employee engagement, and continuous staff development. The DM will work closely with other division managers, the Operations Manager, and Group staff and functional support personnel, and is expected to collaborate across the company and exhibit teamwork to contribute to division, group, sector, and enterprise success.
Performance objectives may include:
- Program execution
- Improving division and group efficiency and effectiveness
- Overseeing meeting or exceeding division and group financial objectives (to include fee, direct labor, local contribution margin, revenue, PBT, and utilization)
- Overseeing opportunities tied to division growth, and operating the division within approved indirect expense budgets
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, and EXPERIENCE:
- Candidate must possess Bachelor’s degree and 15 or more years of increasingly complex operations assignment.
- Ten years of experience with the Intelligence Community focused on developing solutions to operations mission support activities and a deep understanding of customer business processes and future needs.
- Active, current Top Secret/SCI clearance with polygraph, and the ability and willingness to maintain this clearance while holding this position
- Candidate must have the demonstrated ability to oversee acquisition teams (marketing, capture and proposal) who may be supporting acquisitions that will eventually become part of the candidates division.
- Candidate must have a strong track record of organizational leadership and business management, including strong analytical, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Candidate must have the ability to gain internal support and consensus, operate independently using solid judgment and without extensive supervision or feedback.
- Candidate must have well-developed reasoning and problem-solving skills, including a demonstrated ability to manage risk, ability to establish a solid working relationship with customers, technical staff, managers and peers.
- Candidate must be able to collaborate with business development personnel to build existing and new business within current customers as well as adjacent markets
- Candidate must be able to motivate employees, ensure engagement, and possess outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Candidate must have demonstrated ability to lead and manage diverse organizations; understanding all phases of the business development process
- Occasional travel as required
- Master's degree in management, business or a related field is highly desired.
- Experience as a staff officer in the IC serving in a science and technology-oriented position with specific IC and National Security organizations is highly desired
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Division Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.