Leidos is seeking Senior System Engineer to join the System Engineering team on the Future Flight Service Program (FFSP). The FFSP provides 24/7/365 flight services to 80,000 members of the General Aviation community. The position is located in Gaithersburg, MD. Candidates must have, or be able to obtain, an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer. Due to contract requirements, the positions requires U.S. Citizenship.
This position requires strong technical skills to support a complex, technical system. Excellent communication, team participation and prioritization skills, as well as the ability to be flexible and responsive in a fast-paced environment is required. Must work effectively with other Team Members, coordinating with the Chief Product Owner, other System Engineers, program architects, and agile feature development teams.
• Perform systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, and interface definition, in support of VCS implementations
• Provide inputs to the requirements and design of the system in the area of voice communication systems integration with IP radios
• Review of vendor requirements, design, and test artifacts
• Witnessing and conducting test activities with vendors and the customer
• Ability to travel to vendor site in Columbia, MD
• Integration of the VCS into the FAA National Airspace System (NAS)
• Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 8 – 12+ years of prior relevant professional experience or Masters in related field and 6 -10+ years of prior relevant professional experience.
• Previous experience developing requirements and features, especially in an agile program
• Experience in voice communications integration and IP radios and experience with ED-137 compliance
• Experience on FAA air traffic systems or working on flight planning systems
• Experience working with VCS vendors with ED-137 compliant solutions
• Experience using the Cameo Systems Modeler
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.