The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Video Conference Support Engineer in Bethesda, MD.
- Support the 350+ yearly Video Assisted Meetings.
- Provide Tier 2 troubleshooting for the 4000+ remote participants.
- Create and manage all virtual rooms and video links for all VAMs and their participants.
- Communicate out to external community about upcoming changes, troubleshooting and pertinent updates.
- Research, evaluate, test and make recommendations for emerging teleconferencing technologies to the customer.
- Update and test videoconferencing audiovisual equipment (videoconferencing bridges, video conferencing codecs, multimedia, audiovisual, projection systems, displays, cameras, microphones, integrated A/V systems, streaming technologies.
- B.S. degree and 4 years of experience in support/engineering in a conference room/multimedia environment.
- Experience with Cisco Collaboration hardware and infrastructure including installing, operating, and troubleshooting enterprise branch networking.
- Experience with the configuration and operation of VTC Codecs (e.g. Tandberg, Polycom)
- Ability to troubleshoot multimedia room integrated appliances to include, A/V device configuration, projectors, microphones, PTX video camera, digital whiteboards/annotation devices, integrated audio conferencing digital sound processors, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of room control systems such as AMX, Crestron and Extron
- Knowledge and experience with the following technologies: Digital Signal Processing (Frame Sync/Converters/Color Correction/TBC e.g. Leitch DPS-575, Harris X-50, AJA FS2 ), Black Burst Gen Box, multi-channel A/V monitoring (Miranda), A/V routing-switching (Extron, AMX), standalone video recorders ( hard drive/SSD, Blu-Ray), A/V networking, A/V distribution amplifiers, Fiber MUX/DeMUX, SD/HD video environments, SD NTSC 608 (Line 21) and HD 708 Closed Captioning.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting PC, MAC and Linux common desktop problems
Knowledge of HTTP Streaming (HLS) and RTMP streaming
- The successful candidate must have excellent customer service skills
- Ability to obtain/maintain Public Trust Clearance.
Experience with NIH highly desired.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.