The Defense Group at Leidos has a contingent opening for a Journeyman Systems Operations Specialist to work Huntsville, Alabama. This role is in support of the Integrated Base Defense Contract Sustainment Support systems engineering operations.
- Daily duties include operational support duties in support of the IBD systems.
- Serves as a journeyman level technical expert in areas relevant to the project.
- Produces and reviews technical documentation reflecting detailed knowledge of specific technical area.
- Recommends measures to improve methods, performance, and quality of product or service, and suggests changes to increase efficiency.
- Active Secret security clearance required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 or more years of relevant technical experience. 8 years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
- Must be capable of demonstrating experience in conducting analysis and developing solutions and in the application of information technology.
- Relevant and recent operations support IBD experience.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.