Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a highly accomplished, capable, and independent IT Project Manager with the proven ability to successfully plan and execute multi-disciplinary projects and deliver consistent high-quality results. As a Project Manager with Leidos in support of the National Science Foundation’s mandate to support expansive scientific research on the continent of Antarctica, the ideal candidate is expected to simultaneously lead multiple projects and project teams through thorough project planning and disciplined project execution. Project managers are expected to be experts in the health, status, needs, and progress of assigned projects with the ability to deliver high-quality executive status briefings to senior company and US Government stakeholders.
- Lead in the development and execution of project initiation processes including requirements gathering and requirements management, project charter and project execution plan development, stakeholder identification and management.
- Have thorough knowledge and experience in project schedule development methods and tools, project cost estimating tools and development methods, and establishment of cost and schedule performance baselines.
- Lead in the development and execution of project management areas of knowledge and expertise in the following; scope management, change management, communications management, quality management, resource-needs planning and management, and project information and data management.
- Be knowledgeable and experienced in project procurement management. Areas of required knowledge and experience include various contracting types, contract and subcontract negotiations, and development of statements of work, requests for information, and requests for proposals.
- Lead in the development and routine management of project risks.
- Develop, deliver, and present project status briefings.
- Navigate a matrixed organization to find the resources and support needed to ensure project success. The successful candidate will manage projects throughout their entire lifecycle as part of a large, complex organization. Will collaborate with a diverse workforce within a matrix environment and be able to communicate effectively in obtaining and synthesizing requirements from external stakeholders, while working with the team to implement new technical solutions leveraging advanced concepts.
- Works to ensure high end-user and client satisfaction.
- Leads, manages and integrates day-to-day execution of project activities in accordance with contract requirements and ensures technical, schedule, cost, and financial performance.
- Ensures compliance with quality standards.
- Knows when to escalate project challenges to leadership and is not timid in doing so.
- Serves as the primary customer and company leadership contact for assigned projects.
- Champions performance excellence and continuous service improvement.
- Interfaces with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel, as needed, to ensure project success.
- Plans and executes project closeout activities.
- Possess strong creative, communication, and collaboration skills.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8 years prior relevant experience or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of project management experience.
- Proven experience in successfully establishing and managing project budgets, schedules, and resources.
- Familiarity with organizational change management including end-user training.
- Experience creating and implementing plans per project goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates a high degree of customer service and team work.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of project management concepts as defined by PMI.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- PMP Certification.
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification.
- Experience working in a federal government environment.
- Experience working with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience leading a matrixed team leveraging Agile/Scrum concepts.
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts.
*** Deployment to Antarctica may be required at the discretion of management (approximately 3 to 8 weeks / year). The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. ***
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.