Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the role of the Windows Systems Administrator IAT II to support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) – Information Technology (IT) program. The Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 40,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services. Leidos is actively seeking personnel to support USACE headquarters locations in Vicksburg, MS; and Hillsboro, OR; Huntsville, AL; Washington, DC; and across other USACE locations; including virtual positions.
The Windows Systems Administrator is located in Huntington, WV and other USACE locations (virtual) as assigned by the Team Leader. The Windows System Administrator serves as a member of the division system administration team providing support for Active Directory (AD) accounts and groups, network storage, servers, and Exchange accounts. The Windows Systems Administrator serves as subject matter expert on local servers, storage, network, and telecom needs and issues. This includes active participation in security assessments, remediation and audits. This includes management and monitoring local server infrastructure to ensure consistent operation. In this role, you will provide expert systems administrator solutions for the current Division and District Service Support.
You will also perform systems administration on a broad range of programs providing overall support for various business-critical networks. Some tasks involve the full system engineering life-cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, and implementation.
Leidos is seeking a System Administrator, to support the US Army Corps of Engineers ACE-IT Program to provide systems administrative and technical support to the district (including field offices) and division, to include but not limited to:
- Serve as member of division system administration team providing support for Active Directory (AD) accounts and groups, network storage, servers, and Exchange accounts.
- Primary POC for local servers, storage, network, and telecom outages, projects, and escalation point for Enterprise Operations issues.
- Manage and monitor local server infrastructure to ensure consistent operation.
- Follow documented processes and procedures and monitor ticketing system, district and divisional incidents and requests, and address local Service Delivery requirements.
- Serve as subject matter expert on local servers, storage, network, and telecom needs and issues.
- Escalate local issues to the Leidos Division System Administrator Lead or Division Manager
- Active participation in security assessments and audits
- Provide Tier II support to Operations in support of the Windows System Administration Services.
- Respond to incident tickets associated with Windows System Administration Services.
- Respond to service request (work order) tickets associated with Windows System Administration Services.
- Respond to problem (architecture and design level) tickets associated with Windows System Administration Services.
- Submit and support change requests tickets associated with Windows System Administration Services.
- Develop Windows System Administration services system analysis and design documents for ACE-IT corporate architecture, specific projects, assessment of business process and design artifacts provided by project, program or service support staff.
- Includes integration support and working with the other departments in designing, staging configuration, implementation and support as applicable.
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours or modified schedule for planned or emergency work.
Other Duties May Include:
- Mainframe, network, and work group server monitoring and management
- Coordinate and work with network administrators to ensure smooth operation
- Provide technical expertise to local government partners and Field Operations personnel.
- Set up of administrator and service accounts
- Maintenance of system documentation
- Tune system performance
- Install system wide software and allocate mass storage space
- Have oversight of installation and backup recovery
- Ensure data network availability
- Write and maintain operational documentation and procedures
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
- Experience with Windows System Administration systems design, engineering, operations and maintenance
- Experience with scripting and PowerShell.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques and to formulate procedures
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct programs and activities to support operational mission
- Experience with large enterprise web and collaboration systems
- Experience with Cloud based web applications on Azure, AWS or Internal Private Cloud
- Experience with USACE, DISA or other military systems
- Experience working in a DoD environment.
- Experience configuring HP, Lexmark, or Ricoh network printers and multi-function devices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Windows System Administration: 2-4 years' experience.
- Current DoD 8570 Certification, IAT Level II (Comptia Security +CE and 1 qualifying Computing Environment certification (For example, Microsoft MCP certified, Comptia A+).
- Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start.
- Strong analytical and follow through skills.
Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
- Ability to work well independently on defined tasks.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10 Active Directory Networking Technologies (DNS, DHCP, WINS) VMware
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Additional server or enterprise administration certifications (MCSA, MCSE, equivalent).
- Customer Service Focused - the ability to deliver sustained high performance and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Prior USACE / ACE-IT experience.
- Cisco Telephony / Router Solutions.
- Knowledge of ITIL Incident, Service Request, Problem, Change, Configuration and Release Management.
- Analytical thinker, Metrics Driven
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to effectively translate and communicate complex technical information and risk to all levels of internal and external organizations
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Work well under pressure with differing levels of Management
- Ability to maintain confidential information and communications
- Exposure to Windows System Administration and systems, including IT Service Management processes; includes occasional support and assistance to Unix and Linux operating systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Library Info Tech Systems Admin
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.