Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Network Administrator I that will be responsible for providing advanced administration and technical support for a centralized environment.
The Network Administrator 1 will support mission critical network and collaboration services for approximately 40,000 users. The Administrator will ensure continuity in the day-to-day operation of the LAN/WAN environment, including physical data centers and numerous remote sites.
The Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 40,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
The Network Administrator 1 is located in Vicksburg MS and will provide direct support to data center operations.
- Data center support including racking and cabling diverse equipment.
- Resolves network problems in cooperation with senior network engineers.
- Troubleshoots problems using tools and routine procedures; escalates as appropriate.
- Executes scheduled maintenance routines in accordance with standard procedures.
- Interfaces with users and/or network vendors.
- Performs work within the defined SLAs
- Work closely with other support and development teams
- Create and update documentation where required
- Work independently and as a team member
- Support on-call rotation schedule
- Cross train capabilities with other team members
- AS and/or 2 years of prior relevant experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must have or able to obtain an active Secret Clearance
- Network + CE or Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) and one of the following IAT certifications: Security+ CE, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, or SSCP (or ability to obtain within 60 days)
- Data Center racking and cabling
- Exposure to data center network equipment desired
- Working in a dynamic customer focused environment
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.