Leidos is searching for an Application Administrator for our team at the Hines Information Technology Center, Hines, IL. This position is onsite at that location.This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans.
The tour of duty for this position is:
First 3-6 months M-F 8:30AM-5:00 PM CST
After initial period M-F 1:00 PM-9:30 PM CST
- Experience in managing the daily routine operations and maintenance of IT software system application.
- Able to communicate with end users and understand issues related to end user applications.
- UNIX Administration and coding experience is required for this position. WebLogic experience is a plus.
- Provide application support for implementation activities to include plan, perform and implement installations and upgrades and implement/sustain middleware application components.
- Provide application support for test activities to include unit/component testing, integration testing, system testing, and acceptance testing.
- Provide application support for maintenance activities to include improving performance with available tools, checking application for problems and reviewing operations to ensure only valid processes are running, optimizing the functionality of application software, diagnosing and recovering failed applications and maintaining application integrity, performance and availability.
- Respond to service ticket (service now) requests in a timely manner.
- Provide application support for monitoring activities to include monitoring performance of and taking proactive measures to prevent service disruption.
- Provide application support for troubleshooting activities to include identifying what the problem is, gathering more details, eliminating variables, reproducing the problem, development of hypothesis of root cause and attempting a fix based on findings.
- Provide application support for repair activities to include repairing and documentation of repairs made for future use. Repairs include such things as backing out coding and patching changes, applying patches/code fixes
- Associates Degree with 5 years’ work experience.
- Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance. Federal Government requirement.
- Must have UNIX administration and coding knowledge including knowledge of monitoring, package installing and documenting.
- Must be able to prioritize work and identify high risk critical problems react accordingly.
- This position will support the WebLogic System Administration Team and will conduct file/patch installations and routine package installations.
- Must be able to communicate with end users and understand issues related to end user applications.
- Must be able to work independently to accomplish work since this position’s tour of duty will extend into the afternoon and evening when co-workers and managers are not on duty.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.