Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking an Enterprise Planner in Centennial, CO. The Enterprise Planner will serve as a member of the Project Planning and Integration (PP&I) planning team engaged in implementation of long-range planning for infrastructure and services at three stations plus field camps in Antarctica. Planning for major capital and minor recapitalization projects or upgrades for existing mission support facilities located in Virginia, Colorado, California in the United States as well as in Chile and New Zealand could also be included. The Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) infrastructure revitalization program is currently in the early stage of a planned 10 year upgrade program to transform one station, plus undertake planned projects to upgrade and sustain other existing stations, facilities, infrastructure and services at all locations of the program. The (ASC) program team is based in Centennial, Colorado and funded by United States National Science Foundation (NSF).
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare major planning documents (strategic plan, station master plans, system plans, planning process guide) and also make modifications and updates to existing planning documents as needed to meet the overall mission, vision, goals, objectives and imperatives of NSF and ASC organizations.
- Perform funding-constrained planning task activity over varied planning horizons (1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 50 years ahead) by preparing reports and slides including text, tables and figures.
- Provide meeting scheduling and facilitation.
- Provide planning subject matter expertise to support Area Excellence Plans (AEP) teams, applying prior knowledge and experience in one to three system areas – information technology and communications, water / waste water utilities, electrical generation and utilities, facilities, aviation, marine vessels, science research, fleet, operations and logistics, site and community service functions (food and beverage service, recreation, leisure).
- Review plans, reports, studies, designs, scopes for alignment and integration of major capital and minor recapitalization projects with the overall ASC and NSF program mission, vision, goals and planning intent.
- Provide planning subject matter expertise upon request to the Antarctic Infrastructure Modernization for Science (AIMS) program team for McMurdo Station utilities and facilities upgrades and implementation strategies.
- Coordinate closely daily with the Senior Master Planner, Enterprise Planner and other USAP ASC staff plus NSF partner organization staff to ensure smooth integration of planning to support the annual budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of total experience in planning, architecture, civil engineering or landscape architecture.
- 5 years of directly related experience in a consultant firm setting serving a federal or state agency, in a role with facilities, utilities, industrial site or research campus planning responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple teams and technical experts about planning, facility and utility design including pre-project scoping definition.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint software tools.
- U.S. Passport in active status.
- Relevant industry certifications (AICP, LEED-AP, PMP, etc.)
- Experience working in cold weather or remote environments
- Experience working as part of multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience using ESRI Arc Info GIS, In-Design, Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint software tools
- Deployment will be required in this position. The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action.
- Individual must be capable of operating a standard desktop computer; must be able to lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- This is a full-time, exempt position located in Centennial, Colorado with possible periodic deployment up to 2 months.
- Occasional travel to Virginia and WA, DC area for meetings or to visit port facilities in California, Chile or New Zealand.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.