Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
This position is for a Deskside Engineering Manager on the Department of Transportation Enterprise Information Technology Support Services (DOT EITSS) program. DOT EITSS is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Transportation. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, desk side support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- The Deskside Engineering Manager will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of Deskside Support services to customers within the Department of Transportation. Performing at the customer site in Kings Point, NY, the DE Manager will interface daily with Federal customers to ensure that they are receiving the best possible IT services.
- Lead a team that supports a wide range of customers in the Kings Point facility and potentially in field site locations. The Deskside team is responsible for providing Tier-2 and Tier-3 end-user services and technical support, and acts as a vital link between our off-siteTier-1 Service Desk and our System Engineering and Operations groups.
- Manage between approximately five direct-report staff members providing comprehensive deskside and audiovisual services. Periodic travel between sites may be required to interface with customers and to manage the staff.
- In addition to direct supervision of the desk side staff, the individual selected for this position will be responsible for interfacing with the Service Desk management staff located at other sites to ensure seamless handoffs between the Service Desk agents and the onsite staff. Additionally, this person is expected to manage escalation and hand-off to system operations, system engineering, and management teams while ensuring successful delivery and closure under established Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
The individual selected to this position must successfully complete a security investigation by the government.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus ten years of experience; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Program Leadership experience
- A strong IT services background, with past experience providing day-to-day IT services both as an individual contributor and as a leader
- A thorough understanding of how to manage a team of technicians supporting multiple diverse end-user systems while meeting Service Level delivery targets is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask and function in a quick-paced environment
- Experience leading organizations performing IT Operations
- Strong experience with service, incident, and problem management
- Demonstrated experience with service ticketing systems such as ServiceNow or Remedy
- Above all, this person must have a customer-first attitude and be willing to go the extra mile to make sure the services delivered are provided with the highest possible quality levels and under an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Past experience with the Department of Transportation
- ITIL certifications
- PMP certification
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.