Leidos is seeking a dynamic Network Technician on the SURTASS program. The candidate will be performing all work associated with shipboard repairs, upgrades and installation of network and communications systems on U.S. Naval Ships. The selected candidate will be responsible for shipboard troubleshooting of network connectivity issues, repairing hardware, technical support services to include operations, network, applications and hardware maintenance support of ADNS and ISNS COMPOSE network system, to include 24/7 on-call system operation support.
The candidate must be able to quickly analyze problems and implement/recommend solutions in a high-stress, time sensitive environment. Preparation of operational and maintenance procedures and manuals as required. Preparation and submission of required engineering and administrative reports. Perform engineering research and analysis on new and existing equipment. Act as a liaison/coordinator with contract sponsor, TAGOS ships Master, sponsored ship riders, MILCREW, other SURTASS contractors, MSC, shipyard personnel and other government organizations. 75 % CONUS and OCONUS travel is required. Able to accept scheduled and unscheduled CONUS and OCONUS assignments and extensions up to 3 months with limited advance notice based on SURTASS program operational tempo.
The candidate will be required to perform other SURTASS systems tasking as required or assigned and cross train with other team members. Must have or be able to obtain a valid U.S. passport. Position may require the ability to perform in and arduous environment. Successful candidate must be capable of passing a mariners Physical per COMSCINST 6000.1.c and must maintain their medical fitness for the position. The selected candidate may be required to work at sea on ships, work rotating shifts and work in excess of 40 hours per week. The selected candidate must have a valid driver’s license and willing to obtain an international driving permit to drive on the left side of the road if needed. The selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified material.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science and six (6) years of related experience. Curriculum must have dealt directly with the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of digital computers, microprocessors or peripheral/interface equipment, communications systems, navigation system.
- Must have a combination of Security +, CCNA or Cisco Security along with an OS certification (Windows, LINUX, UNIX or equivalent).
- Must have and be able to maintain a Top Secret clearance level.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience. Must have demonstrated experience in troubleshooting networking, wireless solutions, network security, Quality of Service (QOS), Voice Over IP (VOIP) for shipboard networking systems.
- Previous SURTASS ship rider technician experience a plus.
- Selected candidate shall have a thorough understanding of COTS maintenance requirements, and open architecture.
- Experience in civilian or military operations, maintenance and system administration of computers and computer networks running on LINUX, Solaris OS.
- Must have the ability to work independently and provide training to shipboard assigned electronic maintenance technicians.
- Five (5) years of combined experience in the management, administration, maintenance, and repair of UNIX/LINUX and Windows based computer networks
- ISNS, CENTRIXS, and/or SCI Navy systems (or equivalent type network)
- Windows based network management and administration
- Cisco routing and switching and server and router configuration and management
- UNIX/LINUX based processing systems management
- Three (3) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of the SURTASS COMM SUBSYSTEM which includes: SHF, UHF SATCOM and LOS, HF, NOW, IFF, SECURE VOICE and DATA CRYPTOs, CMS, EKMS, SIPRNET, ADNS/CFCP, NIPRNET.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.