Under general supervision, performs administrative, reporting, design, and maintenance tasks on various Enterprise Monitoring platforms. Knowledge requirements include various Server Operating Systems, WAN/LAN Network concepts and devices, and Monitoring Software packages from a variety of vendors including Microsoft and Computer Associates. Members of the Enterprise Monitoring Systems team will interface with Customers from all levels of the organization and will need to demonstrate an understanding of how Enterprise Systems impact each Customer’s work in order to implement the Tools in a comprehensive, Customer-facing fashion. A successful member of the team will be able to provide individual and group training on the toolset, and will be able to write technical and policy documentation as needed.
Duties / Responsibilities / Experience:
- Maintain Server Operating Systems running on physical and VM platforms
- Install, Upgrade, and Maintain Monitoring Application Software running on a variety of Operating Systems
- A solid understanding of WAN Concepts and Data Circuits (T1’s, MPLS, VPN and Enterprise VPN, SONET, Ethernet, Fiber, etc…)
- Ability to communicate complex Technical subjects to non-Technical customers
- Follow agreed processes and procedures for providing solutions to customer requests or issues
- Maintain call quality standards at the level set to meet customer expectations including adherence to work schedules and standards
- Deliver customer communication to the appropriate level of understanding to ensure a successful outcome
- Document policies, procedures and issues in ticketing system as well as in internal knowledge base
- Ability to analyze and make recommendations to better assess, assist and meet the needs of internal clients
- Ability work independently as well as part of a team as required
- Demonstrate strong client relationship skills
- Willingness to work on a rotating On Call Schedule
- Install, Upgrade, and Maintain Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2 and 2012R2, UNIX, and Linux Servers on VM platforms
- Install, Upgrade, Maintain, and provide training/documentation for a suite of Monitoring Tools including but not limited to:
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager
- CA Spectrum
- CA Service Operations Insight
- CA Network Flow Analysis
- CA Performance Center
- CA eHealth
- Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Familiarity with Cisco IOS, Networking Config Files, Concepts and Hardware
- MS PowerShell
- SNMP v3 Traps and Polling
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills for Monthly Reporting
- Advanced System and Network Troubleshooting Skills
- SQL and mySQL
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Systems Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.