Leidos’ Power Delivery Group is seeking a self-starting Senior Transmission Line Engineer to develop and lead a team to support a fast-paced northwestern engineering program. This Sr. Engineer will be located in Portland, OR and expected to provide oversight of detailed design and manage the work of others to budget and schedule constraints, as well as to our high standard for quality.
The successful candidate will immediately serve as an Engineer to design 115kV-230kV wood structures and associated equipment to replace aging infrastructure across the northwest. He/She will apply client standards as well as NESC, NEC, ASCE and other applicable industry documents in the engineering and design of the new infrastructure. He/she may be asked to provide input during internal meetings, prepare or review PLS-CADD™ models, develop or review criteria in design PLS-CADD™ models, prepare or review foundation calculations, prepare or review bills of material, assemble construction books, proof read specifications, prepare right-of-way calculations, prepare or review swing and conductor clearance calculations, produce or review drawings for structure locations and guy wire arrangements, respond to questions from construction crews on the design, and possibly visit a few sites during construction.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 8+ years of relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems. Or a Master's degree Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 6+ years of relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems.
• Professional Engineer (P.E.) license
• Demonstrates excellent oral and written communications skills
• Proven ability to work effectively in team environment; can also work independently
• Understanding use of industry documents, like NESC and ACSE, or utility developed standards in design.
• Detail and process oriented with the ability to produce and review calculations.
• Proficient with PLS-CADD™ and FAD design software.
• Experience with NERC clearance remediation or structure replacement projects
• Experience with Mathcad
• Experience with MicroStation or AutoCAD drafting software (NOTE: no drafting required but nice during reviews or calculations)
• Understanding of material associated with transmission line hardware, structures, and foundations
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Civil Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.