Leidos is looking for an applications developer for a position in the Bethesda, MD area. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
This is a challenging position for a developer to work on a new, high-profile, large scale application. This candidate will work with a team of software developers to rapidly build and deploy a demonstration capability, while simultaneously supporting the program office to specify and design the final system. The development will take place in an iterative fashion using scrum techniques with inputs from multiple stakeholders. Development team will rapidly grow into a large scale, enterprise development effort. This position will require exceptional flexibility and technical skills. The work will be done in a dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders and changing requirements. The candidate must have the ability to communicate with team leads and senior leadership, assess changes, and rapidly change direction in support of new and/or changing requirements.
This effort will include a variety of activities, including:
• Assisting with developing data ingestion/Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) systems and large scale, high performance repositories.
• Participation in iterative software development teams with adherence to all reporting requirements.
• Meeting with stakeholders, analyzing requirements, developing user stories and related artifacts, and translating these into software development tasks.
• Designing, developing and testing code for the demonstration capability.
• Development of technical documentation and briefing materials to support program status reviews, control gates, and other presentations as directed by program management.
- Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Years of experience are acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- Demonstrated experience with a web browser-based User Interface.
- Demonstrated experience developing applications using Java; SQL.
- Demonstrated experience with standard data exchange like XML, JSON, YAML, etc.
- Demonstrated experience participating in Agile software development teams using Scrum.
- Demonstrated experience developing enterprise applications hosted in a cloud environment.
- Demonstrated experience with development and deployment of applications that cross security domains.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.