Web Design/Technical Writer Intern Skillset
The Leidos Innovation Center currently has an opening for a Web Design/Technical Writer Intern to work in our Arlington, VA office for the summer of 2020. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with our Research and Development leadership and teams to develop Data Science and Engineering (DSE)/Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning (ML) upskilling inward and outward-facing web sites and applications.
- Gather information from teams and managers to develop content and applications for DSE/AI/ML website;
- Write white papers, inputs to business development documents, marketing material, etc.; and
- Create process diagrams for technical documents for placement on the DSE/AI/ML website.
- Currently pursuing a degree from an accredited college/university.
- Familiarity with MS Office, especially Excel and Word (PC).
- Experience with technical writing, marketing, and communications.
- Prepared to send writing samples.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Public Trust security clearance if hired.
- US citizenship/permanent residency required
- Data skills: Python (BeautifulSoup, Pandas, Plotly, Jupyter)
- Java Script (React, Angular, Node)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.