Under the direction of the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) the ISSO specific responsibilities will include:
• Establish and implement security procedures and practices in support of Customer goals and current DoD/IC/SAPCO regulations.
• Develop and update assessment and authorization documentation (Body of Evidence) for management and continuous monitoring of information systems.
• Using knowledge of the Information System (IS) and understanding of established Information Assurance requirements validate security policies and procedures outlined in the System Security Plan (SSP), customer policies & regulations, and ensure local policies are followed.
• Take corrective action to resolve problems identified and ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Perform security audits IAW established procedures. Develop process for the management, review, and retention of security audit data. Make decisions and implement corrective action as required to resolve audit discrepancies.
• Author and review IS security-related documentation.
• As a IA Subject Matter Expert (SME) provide critical thinking to ensure system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Establish system specific recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly protected and restored.
• Conduct ongoing security reviews and tests of systems to verify security features and controls are functional and effective. Take corrective action to resolve identified vulnerabilities.
• Provide security engineering review of proposed changes or additions to the IS (including hardware, software, or connectivity), and advise the ISSM of the security relevance.
Basic Required Qualifications
• An active DoD Secret clearance is required for consideration.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Information Systems, or related discipline and 2+ years of direct experience; or Masters degree and relevant experience. Additional relevant/specialized training and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Possess a current DoD 8570.01 compliant certification for IAM Level I, e.g. Security + w/CE, or the ability to obtain either within 6 months of employment.
• Experience with DoD implementation of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and governing directives (NIST, CNSS, DSS, etc.)
• The qualified candidate shall have excellent customer service skills and the ability to work independently, prioritize, schedule, and complete multiple tasks along with extensive knowledge and experience in specialized area of expertise to include Department of Defense (DOD), Special Access Programs (SAP) clients, program customers, and program sponsors Security staff.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Current DoD Top Secret clearance
• Comprehensive knowledge of JSIG (Joint SAP Implementation Guide) RMF (Risk Management Framework), ICD 503, NISPOM Chapter 8, and NIST 800-53 security controls.
• Experience conducting security audits of information systems.
• Extensive training or experience with Windows based Information Systems standards with a working knowledge of LINUX & Solaris operating systems.
• Current Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification
• Vulnerability assessment and analysis experience utilizing SCAP, ACAS/NESSUS and DISA STIGs
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.