The Defense Group at Leidos has a contingent opening for a Senior Electronics Technician to work at Fort Leonard Wood, MO. This role is in support of the Integrated Base Defense Contract Sustainment Support of the Husky Mounted Detection System (HMDS) equipment.
- Plan, lead, and execute HMDS electronic equipment calibrations and preventive/corrective maintenance in both garrison and field environments at the journeyman level.
- Lead and coordinate and direct liaison with active US Army, US Army Reserve, and US National Guard units to conduct electronic maintenance.
- Interface directly with original equipment manufacturers for external support or maintenance actions that exceed contractor capabilities.
- Plan and execute master work schedules and provide direct input into an automated logistics management system for work performed, work to be performed, and all equipment technical data as required.
- Interface with training staff as necessary to facilitate equipment maintenance training to program stakeholders.
- Research and gather relevant project data, contribute to the development of technical documentation and equipment readiness reports, respond to customer inquiries, and verify product technical quality.
- Performs analysis of system operations.
- Lead, train, assign work, and supervise subordinate electronic technicians.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Interface with military units and conduct scheduled and unscheduled maintenance site visits.
- Use an automated logistics management system to generate, track, update, and close out maintenance work orders, provide reporting as required, and maintain accountability of property.
- Inspect, diagnose, repair, calibrate, and perform quality control for HMDS equipment.
- Conduct shelf-life and warranty management for HMDS equipment.
- Complete inspections of unit equipment and open and track work orders.
- Ensure compliance with all hazardous material regulations.
- Travel to military sites and conduct preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Conduct equipment inventories.
- Complete all required training and maintain certifications.
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Bachelors degree and 10 or more years of direct relevant technical experience. 10 years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
- Must have the ability to perform routine system maintenance and computer system administrative functions.
- Must have experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of computer systems and individual peripheral devices at the senior level.
- Has knowledge of, and is capable of using, operating systems and database management systems.
- Relevant and recent HMDS electronic systems training and maintenance experience at the senior level.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.