Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We currently have a number of permanent vacancies for Systems Engineers with experience of defining and designing large scale Systems, Services and applications within a Systems\Services Integration environment. Applicants must have, or be eligible to acquire, SC clearance and must have been resident in the UK for the past 5 years.
You will be required to support the execution of Systems Engineering activities on a large-scale system of systems integration project with particular focus on breaking down Customer supplied requirements into lower level service specifications, working design aspects and managing the compliance tracing and evidence gathering back up the lifecycle. Whilst this role will include the production of a variety of engineering artefacts including detailed design and assurance documentation, a key part of the role will be solving complex problems under own initiative to help turns designs into delivered capabilities and services.. This is an opportunity to work on an exciting programme delivering critical services and infrastructure key to the future of UK Air Traffic Management.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
You will have a full understanding of the principles of system engineering, be able to demonstrate past successes in working within and\or leading diverse engineering teams and will have prior experience as a Systems Engineer for a major programme involving accepting and integrating deliveries from suppliers. Using your experience in Systems Engineering, the successful you will be responsible for working with customers and suppliers to execute Systems Engineering activities across the full lifecycle
Ideally you will have experience of working complex Air Traffic Management (ATM) systems through the development lifecycles, although some on-the-job training will be provided, along with broader systems engineering experience, preferably in the delivery of technical services.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Technical and/or team leading of significant portion of engineering activity of assigned programme
- Defining and leading the engineering life cycle and ensure that all Engineering tasks in the defined scope of work are delivered appropriately
- Producing detailed engineering artefacts such as:
- Detailed Designs
- Failure modes analysis
- Service Management Designs
- Designs for onboarding service applications onto virtualized infrastructures
- Compliance Reports
- Security, HF and Safety artefacts
- Capacity and Throughput analysis
- Delivering milestone technical reviews and the associated work product deliverables
- Defining lower level work packages, deliverables and timescales to achieve assigned project objectives
- Interacting with Customers / stakeholders at all levels
- Leading problem investigation and solution definition
- Preparing operating instructions and user guides
- Work package management and status reporting as required
- Success in working within large-scale and complex integration programmes Ability to work with a number of stakeholders and suppliers, working across organizational boundaries and acting as the technical interface between teams as appropriate
- Success with designing / delivering systems in a Virtualised Environment
- Experience of working with Service Oriented Architecture
- Demonstrable successes within the System Engineering or System Architecture environment
- Ability to use understanding of customer needs and expectations to generate mutually beneficial solutions or alternatives
- ITIL including Service Management Roles & Processes
- SysML MBSE experience
- Knowledge of Air Traffic Management or other safety related systems
- Demonstrable commitment to sharing ideas, technologies and best practices
- Experience of service management, assurance and regulation requirements and how they apply across functional boundaries
- Willingness to offer fresh, innovative ideas and/or unconventional approaches
- Ability to deliver clear messages through dialogue, written work and formal presentation
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.