Leidos is seeking a System Engineer in Austin, TX. This role is onsite in Austin, TX There is no remote ability or relocation assistance provided.
8 hours/5 days 10:00 p.m. – 6:30 a.m. Monday - Friday Onsite Austin AITC
The Systems Engineer will provide system maintenance, functional and technical performance, risks, and schedule concerns. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans
A System Engineer must have extensive IT experience in the analysis, design, and evaluation of information systems utilizing commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and development software.
Required* operational experience with Service Now, Introscope, Splunk, AppDynamics, and Dynatrace application monitoring toolsets. Desired experience with Solar Winds, XpoLog, CA Tools (UIM, Spectrum), and Aternity.
- Perform discovery and requirements analysis for new system features, analysis of current system capabilities and limitations and design/engineer new system capabilities to meet requirements.
- Provide SME level support on current VA network and server infrastructure monitoring tools. Reporting/dashboard tools.
- Assist Enterprise Service Desk, IT, and performance testing staff on the use of the network and server infrastructure performance monitoring and availability of systems to find the root cause of performance and availability issues.
- Develop standards, policies and procedures around the use of the network and server infrastructure performance monitoring and availability suite of products in the pre-production and production environments, and provide all recommendations to and for approval by the COR/VA PM(s) prior to implementation or changes.
- Participate in tuning and troubleshooting efforts.
- Work with customers to resolve identified performance and availability issues.
- Support, install, configure, and perform fault isolation for server migration and operating system upgrades, migration and upgrade shall be accomplished on time and with insignificant user impact.
- Document the technical procedures and guidelines used to install, configure and administer servers.
- Create a complete documentation package from the gathered information.
- Reviews and updates business-specific dashboard views, providing a tailored display of scheduled events, incident tracking, and metrics.
- Ensure forthright communication and coordination of high-priority events and incidents with business and OIT leadership; acts as central point of contact for business engagements.
- Ensures team cohesion, cross-functional coordination, and collaboration across shift structure (turnover) and enterprise partners.
- Coordination in providing responsiveness for staff and customer initiatives and requirements.
- Supports SLA monitoring and engagement activities
- Responsible for the maintenance data collection and reporting (dashboards).
- Provides liaison to OIT enterprise leadership, business customers and end users
- Manage shift operations and engagement across all lines of effort for the assigned shift.
- Responsible for the execution of team monitoring, proactive engagement, problem identification, analysis, reporting, coordination, tracking, and resolution facilitation before an incident.
- Understands problems in business context to identify critical transactions that may be at risk, prioritize problem resolution efforts, dispatch the right resources, next page.
- Produce daily shift turnover/pass-down reports
- Bachelor Degree and 5 years of experience. 13 years of relevant work experience in lieu of Degree
- Must be US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance. Federal Contract requirement.
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
- Must be well versed in understanding structured analysis and design methodologies for the translation of systems requirements from business needs with a proven track record.
- Must be able to evaluate cost factors and risk.
- Required operational experience with Service Now, Introscope, Splunk, AppDynamics, and Dynatrace application monitoring toolsets. Desired experience with Solar Winds, XpoLog, CA Tools (UIM, Spectrum), and Aternity.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.