Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
The SharePoint Developer will provide specialized Information Technology support on the Human Health and Performance Contract (HHPC) for all NASA human science research projects and laboratories paving the way for human exploration of the moon and Mars. The Junior SharePoint Developer position is intended to provide technical application solutions to meet customer needs by configuring SharePoint sites using built-in SharePoint functionality and custom SharePoint solution development (client-side). The selected individual will provide support for the design, development, testing and implementation of a contract collaboration SharePoint portal, financial information systems and/or interfaces for various users and other several business units. The general purpose of these systems is to support the accumulation, storage, display, analysis and exchange the data between various groups. SharePoint configuration activities will be performed using SharePoint 2010, 2013 & 2016.
• Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the Company’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
• Responsible for compliance with the Quality Assurance Plan, policies and procedures
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance level as determined by the Company
• Responsible for completing all assigned training.
• Know and adhere to KBR policies, procedures and work rules, and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
• Maintain confidentiality of all financial, contractual and personal information to which access has been granted.
• Participate in all areas of the design, development, testing, implementation, training and support of the contract collaboration SharePoint portal, various SharePoint-related KBR application development projects, using an integrated software development process based on industry best practices.
• Support the technical goals of the Development Team by working closely with the contract collaboration SharePoint portal, KBR Admin in all application design and development phases.
• Participate in design and planning meetings to support the technical infrastructure needs of various projects.
• Gather and document functional requirements from user representatives.
• Develop documentation of technical design specifications and as-built technical system documentation.
• Configure SharePoint to support the requirements and design for all layers of proposed applications/sites.
• Conduct appropriate unit testing and system/integration testing of all developed applications/sites.
• Assist with the proper coordination and conduct of user acceptance testing of all developed applications and SharePoint sites.
• Work with users and technical support staff to coordinate and execute proper migration of developed applications/sites into a production environment.
• Assist in the development and delivery of user and/or technical support staff training on developed applications/sites.
• Provide weekly status reports of work activities to Team Lead.
• Develop, execute, and adhere to project plans and project schedules for all work as approved by the Team Lead.
• Balance customer requests with practical constraints to set and meet project deadlines
• Ensure compliance with all applicable KBR and NASA standards and work instructions.
• Establish, promote and maintain a service-oriented, customer-service focused culture that supports new custom development, COTS and sustaining activities.
• Ensure that deliverables meet KBR and NASA quality standards.
• Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities occasionally require work on weekends and/or evenings, sometimes with little to no advance notice.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years work experience with SharePoint. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications/training will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with personnel at all levels, both one on one and in groups.
- Experience with object-oriented programming.
- Knowledge of, and experience with formal software development project management tools and methods.
- Prior NASA experience.
- MCSD or other software development related certification.
- Experience with software development in a financial environment.
- Experience with modeling concepts and modeling tools.
- Experience with the following is desirable:
- ShareGate Migration Tool
- At least one front end development framework (jQuery, Bootstrap, Angular, etc.)
- Have the ability to build desktop application using Visual Studio (or a similar IDE)
- Front end web development in a SharePoint environment using HTML
- Microsoft Office Application development including use of VBA for Excel macro development
This position require successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. If you are not a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident this check could take 12-18 months to complete.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.