Varec, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, Inc., and leader of bulk liquid management solutions, is seeking to hire an Associate Product Manager to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a product manager, early in their career, looking for more responsibility and autonomy.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, highly efficient, and is capable and comfortable partnering with a cross-functional team of product owners, scrum masters, sales managers, program managers and other stakeholders, in support of the company’s strategic growth plans. Experience working with technology products (software, hardware or both) in an agile development environment is highly preferred.
- Assist in the development of the products and services that supports business strategy.
- Create and manage the product roadmap based on sound research and customer insights.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to make informed decisions on what to build, how and when.
- Collaborate with product owners and other key stakeholders to prioritize the features and functionality that will bring the most value to our customers.
- Help develop key metrics to understand which product areas drive the most revenue or have the most potential for growth.
- Research and understand the competitive landscape as well as current and emerging industry trends.
- Develop and implement go-to-market plans across product lines and work with various departments to ensure successful execution.
- Interact with target audience to gather user feedback, customer use cases, pain points and other insights in order to be a knowledgeable voice of the customer.
- Develop and maintain strong product knowledge across sectors.
- Present findings and recommendations for leadership and key stakeholders as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or related field
- 2+ years of software marketing or product management experience, or demonstrated experience working closely with product managers, product owners or other technical teams
- Experience translating business requirements into technical specifications
- Familiarity with market research utilizing multiple data sources
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the year to customer sites, industry events and trainings
- 4+ years of software marketing or product management experience
- Familiarity with tools such as Team Foundation Server (TFS), Jira or Confluence
- Familiarity with Kanban or other lean/agile frameworks
- Experience working with remote teams using online tools
- Intermediate level analytical skills
- Familiarity with detailed model analysis and planning scenario analysis
- Demonstrated track record of working across multiple teams and ability to influence decisions without direct authority
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Ability to connect with people and create insights from those interactions
Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is considered the pioneer of inventory tank gauging instrumentation for over 90 years. Today, Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. The Varec FuelsManager® suite of product solutions has been a longtime standard of major oil companies and the U.S. Department of Defense, as well as aviation tank farm operators and service providers. With its headquarters and manufacturing facility outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Varec also has offices in Virginia, Australia and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.varec.com.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP1 / IT2
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Marketing Research
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.