- Available to begin immediately.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with 4-8 years of related experience is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct experience working with a UML modeling tool such as IBM Rational Software Architect, Sparx Enterprise Architect, etc.
- US citizenship with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance required per federal government contract.
- 3-5 years direct UML class diagramming experience with a modeling tool such as IBM Rational Software Architect (RSA), Sparx Enterprise Architect, Embarcadero, etc.
- Business application software/database design/development experience
- Excellent documentation skills, including composing articulate implementation guides, well-formed data dictionaries and cross-document integration (referencing diagrams in Word documents)
- 3-5 years direct experience in Enterprise team modeling approaches, including source/version control and team collaboration (i.e., IBM ClearCase, Rational Team Concert, etc)
- Creating consistent information hierarchies leveraging known taxonomies and information frameworks.
- Must have experience working closely with cross-functional teams, including business data owners/stewards, business requirements analysts and technical product development staff to ensure that the final product meets or exceeds customers’ requirements.
- Understand information architecture best practices
- Must be proficient in MS Office products - PowerPoint to develop presentations, Word/Excel to develop artifacts to supplement models, SharePoint to share documentation and information, Visio to perform modeling in the interim until access to VA modeling tools are available
- Recent, within last 2-3 years, experience in the healthcare environment
- Recent experience supporting the VHA or DOD
- TOGAF or CEA certification
Must have these inherent traits
- Excellent communicator, verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work closely with business SMEs and other architects/analysts.
- Be detail-oriented
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to research & document relevant subjects of information that apply to industry standards surrounding the architecture
- Identify and suggest improvement opportunities in methodology for documenting and communicating business information requirements
- Act as a mentor/trainer for other modelers on the team
- Must be fully committed to team success and exceeding client expectations
- Must be able to resolve conflicts
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities; maintaining professionalism at all times
Nice to Haves
- Be professionally active in health-industry work groups, such as Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS), Health Level 7 (HL7), Healthcare Information Technology Standards Panel (HITSP), International Health Terminology Standards Development Organization (IHTSDO), Data Management organization (DAMA) and (Object Management Group (OMG)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.