The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a requirement for providing enterprise IT services to DHS Headquarters, and as required or requested, services to one or more DHS Components. Services may include Service Desk, end-user-support, operations and maintenance of infrastructure and systems, private and public cloud services, providing near real-time enterprise situational awareness, and supporting the evolution of the DHS Data Center environment in Stennis, MS.
The Quality Manager (QM) provides management with appropriate visibility as to the quality of work products and the institutionalization of standards, processes and procedures at the program and project level supporting data center infrastructure and multiple cloud solutions (i.e., private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud).
The successful Quality Manager shall:
• Develop and implement quality control
• methodologies across the DHS DC1 Enterprise to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards, guidelines, and procedures in a large computer-based organization
• Develop and define major quality characteristics including quality metrics and scoring parameters and determine requisite quality control resources
• Conduct and/or participate in formal and informal reviews at pre-determined points throughout the system life cycle
• Ensure quality management process is effective
• Identify, document, and implement a focused quality management process to ensure that DC1program requirements are met
• Manage all functions related to the execution of the Quality Management Plan and schedule
• Leverage ITIL and corporate best practices to establish consistent and effective processes, to include the definition of process performance measures and continual process improvement
• 15+ years of IT experience, 10 of which are in Quality Management
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
• Lean Six Sigma
• ITIL Certification
• Ability to obtain DHS Entry on Duty (EOD)
• Experience with Data Center facilities design and physical security
• Experience with Data Center management systems, applications, and data security
• Experience with cloud-based Data Center offerings such as IaaS, SaaS, PaaS
• Understanding of private and hybrid cloud architectures and technologies
• Prior DHS or DHS Component experience.
• Prior DHS Data Center or OneNet experience
• Active TOP SECRET clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.