Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos is looking for a Linux System Administrator to join our team located at our Richland, WA office. The successful candidate will be part of an Enterprise Data Center team supporting our Transportation Security Administration(TSA) – HCAccess contract.
As part of our mission, the selected candidate will be a member within our Data Center Systems team. As a new team member, you will support the IT Data Center infrastructure of our Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Primary and Backup Data Centers. The candidate selected will work with technology Subject Matter Experts and Application Development teams who support the HCAccess environments. The candidate will be responsible for day to day operations, monthly patching, and required O/S upgrades at determined intervals.
- Work with other team members to ensure operational stability for high available computing in a 24x7x365 environment
- Ensure O/S integrity for vulnerability and patch management, while working in a VMWare environment
- Prioritize and troubleshoot issues related to performance, authentication, and access in a cross-platform environment.
- Work closely with Oracle DBA’s and Application owners on process and availability of infrastructure services.
- Create and modify processes and technical documentation that consists of deployment, patching, test and validation along with performance and resource reports on a regular basis.
- Coordinate through Engineering Review Boards the Plan and Schedule for the patch release of software and operating system updates as required.
- Communicate with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, leads, subject matter experts, etc.).
- Capture technical issues from our customers and create solutions to help you and other team members be successful in our support service offerings.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- BA degree in computer science or related field and a minimum of 1 year of hands on experience with RedHat Linux 6 or better, Satellite server or equivalent patching process ownership, and Tier 1 and II RedHat Linux and Windows Server support. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications may be considered in lieu of degree. This is considered an emerging Tier 2 level position.
- Continual Service Improvement for existing infrastructure to incorporate latest best practices and cross application integrations when applicable
- Ability to work well with people from several IT disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Capable of self-managing individual project priorities, deliverables, and deadlines
- Produce, modify and maintain delivered solutions documentation
- 3 - 5 years experience managing Linux systems in an enterprise production environment
- 2 – 4 Years with Satellite Server operations
- 2 - 4 Years of experience in an operations role
- 2 - 4 Years of experience in a VMWare environment
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python or Ruby
- 1 – 3 years of experience understanding Windows Active Directory, Groups and policies
- 1 – 3 Years familiarity with Windows server 2012
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Public Trust clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.