The Defense Group at Leidos currently has openings for Web Developers to work in our King George, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to help the Navy Engineering Management System (NEMS) mission. This mission supports the Navy’s drive to improve efficiency in the development and management of their data, information, and knowledge base at the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NWSCDD). These services focus on the development, modernization, and sustainment of several service-oriented Information Technology (IT) solutions. These solutions include web-based environments, systems engineering tool environments, and database environments. Leidos provides direct on-site collaboration with, and usage training for Naval program managers and engineers.
- Design and develop web applications
- Design relational databases
- Write and maintain application documentation
- Peer test application updates and clearly communicate ideas to coders, teammates and management.
- Work in Windows, Unix, and Linux environments
- Interact with Government customer
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience, or a master’s degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional relevant experience, education, and training may be considered in lieu of a degree. Experience should be technical experience with custom information systems development. Academic and Internship experience will be considered toward experience requirements.
- Experience and strong desire to invent new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative applications.
- Strong skills in debugging and troubleshooting applications to facilitate fixes and improvements.
- Must have experience with the following:
• ASP.NET Framework 4.7
• Understanding of SQL and Oracle databases
• Building information management applications and working with relational databases.
• Working as part of a team of developers, coders, testers, and CM specialists.
- Experience in 2 of the following toolsets:
• Graphics tools
- Ability to obtain a US Secret security clearance after starting employment on this project.
- Associate's Degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or Math
- Security + CE Certification or ability to attain in 45-60 days
- Windows Server 2012 R2 or higher experience
- .NET / C# or any current structured web development language such as JAVA in an Agile environment
- Source control tools including Team Foundation Server, Git, Subversion, or Visual Studio
- Active or current US Secret security clearance is highly desired
- DoDI 8570.01 IAT Level II (Cyber Security Work Force [CSWF]) certification is highly desired
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Website Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.