Leidos is seeking a Chief Software Engineer (CSE). The CSE will provide leadership on the program to initiate, plan, coordinate, and execute software engineering activities. Will manage the evaluation of system operational design, system integration, and hardware configuration. The selected candidate will be familiar with current and emerging cloud technologies and cloud architectures being adopted by the National Geographic Association (NGA).
• Provide software engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, operations and sustainment that enhances overall system performance and availability
• Lead the research, analysis, and solution design and implementation for the program
• Provide technical knowledge and analysis of high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration advice on complex matters and subject matter expertise for effective implementation.
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Demonstrated experience leading development, integration and test teams of the size and complexity required.
- Demonstrated success in managing software development within an agile design and development effort
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.