Release Train Engineer (RTE) for a large Cloud-based Data Management system. The system will be responsible for ingesting massive quantities of very large and varied data items on an ongoing basis. This data will need to be archived, catalogued, prepped for dissemination, and made available to users and analytics alike. Mission enablement of this data in a performant, secure, cost-effective, and open manner will be the mantra; multiple release trains in a SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) methodology will be the drumbeat of the program; and technical innovation will set the pace for the future.
The RTE will provide be responsible for leading and coordinating activities across multiple release trains and development teams.
• Facilitate release train events and processes and assist the teams in delivering value
• Communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement.
• Understand Product Owners’ acceptance criteria to determine when a backlog item is done.
• Lead and direct software developer teams through program increment and program iteration planning.
• Understand the system’s design principles, approaches to system design, security, testing, and documentation to ensure the compliance of the resulting software
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10 years of experience or Masters plus 5 years in systems engineering, software engineering, information technology management or related field
- Training and/or certification as a Scrum Master by an educational or professional association,
- Demonstrated success in the conduct of agile software development for complex information technology systems
- (2+ years) SAFe Agile Development Experience
- (5+ years) Demonstrated success in delivering functional code to the government's satisfaction using agile design and development techniques.
- (5+ years) Experience working with customers and systems in the Defense and/or Intelligence Community.
- (4+ years) Schedule and Cost estimation experience for Software Development projects
- (4+ years) Customer Engagement / Communication
- Demonstrated understanding of ICD503 processes and requirements.
- Geospatial Analysis / Production Experience
- Image Processing / Exploitation Experience
- Data Lake Experience
- Message-Driven Architecture Experience (e.g. Kafka, Storm, Spark, or Kinesis)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.