Varec, Inc., a Leidos company, is seeking a Test Engineer who will be responsible for system and hardware testing. Varec is a leading supplier of automation, control and information systems for the oil and gas market. Varec develops and maintains a suite of software and hardware products and provides systems integration and life cycle support services for defense organizations, airlines and oil companies. The Test Engineer will work as an integrated part of the systems and hardware engineering teams through the full project life cycle, including concept, design, construction, acceptance testing, and post production support.
• Develop acceptance test plans
• Write test procedures
• Collect test data
• Manage test status and create test reports
• Maintain test documentation
• Collect and report metrics
• Support the setup and maintenance of test environments
• Develop production test fixtures
• Test software, embedded firmware and hardware components
• Ability to read and understand schematics, bill of materials and board layouts
• Ability to analyze system designs and functions to develop test scenarios
• Ability to develop test procedures and test plans
• Ability to execute tests against software, firmware and hardware components
• Experience using test equipment (Multi-meter, Oscilloscope, Function Generator, Spectrum Analyzer, etc.)
• Ability to define test data requirements and gathering test data
• Ability to estimate level of effort for verification and validation activities
* Ability to identify, collect and submit required documentation to support ATEX/IECx product certification
• Experience testing hardware devices, such as handheld computers, operator interface terminals and field instrumentation
• Proficient with LabView
• Proficient with Orcad
• Knowledge of safety and EMC compliance requirements
• Ability to solder SMT devices
* Knowledgeable in the ATEX/IECx product certification process and requirements
• Familiarity with hardware Configuration Management procedures a plus
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Detail oriented
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science / Engineering or related field and 6 years relevant experience, or Associates Degree and 8 years of relevant experience
Must be capable of obtaining a U.S. Government IT2 clearance
To be included in job posting.
Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is considered the pioneer of inventory tank gauging instrumentation nearly 90 years ago. Today, Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. The Varec FuelsManager suite of product solutions has been a longtime standard of major oil companies and the U.S. Department of Defense, as well as aviation tank farm operators and service providers. These products are provided as turnkey solutions and as a Software as a Service through Varec’s data center. With its headquarters and manufacturing facility outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Varec also has offices in Virginia, Australia and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.varec.com.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.