The Leidos Corporation is seeking an Associate Director, Sourcing Operations to support a program in the Washington Metropolitan Area (WMA). This position will provide procurement support and analysis for all contract procurement requirements. This position requires the use of problem solving techniques to address unique procurement requests that affect critical support requirements.
• The Associate Director, Sourcing Operations is responsible for defining plans, processes, methods, and tools for ensuring supply chain management and chain of custody for the life of all Government assets.
• Additionally, this role is responsible for all activities associated with researching and recommending cost effective purchase arrangements,; supporting the Government’s purchase process and coordinating the delivery of purchases; and managing, tracking, and auditing hardware recapitalization, maintenance agreements, and software licensing.
• The Associate Director, Sourcing Operations will ensure the review of purchase requisitions for clarity, compliance, detail, completeness, and obtain additional information considered necessary.
• Actively manage the procurement process from order placement through receipt of products and subsequent payment of invoices.
• Actively manage supplier performance through consistent communication to ensure proper adherence to purchase order terms and conditions; and participate in the invoice approval process to ensure that supplier invoices are in accordance with purchase order terms and conditions, and resolve issues as necessary.
• Leads the team in developing new products, processes, standards or operational plans in support of the project/family.
• Has budget accountability for work area or manage elements of the budget.
• Problems and issues faced are complex and require information gathering and analysis to understand the problem.
• Problems are difficult and complex and typically involve multiple small projects, families or customers.
• Communicates with parties within and outside of own area, which may include external constituents depending upon the area.
• Requires ability to influence others outside of own area on policies, practices and procedures.
• Manages a large team of experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
• Leads, directs and reviews the work of team who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
• Typically has hiring, firing, promotion and reward authority within own area, in accordance with manager review and approval.
• Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project or program teams in one family.
• Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the function.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
• Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Strong interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with team members
• Experience managing a small to mid-size team.
• Possess outstanding customer service skills in order to meet high demand requirements
Preferred Qualifications (but not required)
• Experience in a similar role executing on time deliveries of hardware and software; interacting with key suppliers; dealing with the financial impacts of supplier decisions on programs; and managing, tracking, and auditing existing hardware and software inventories.
• Experience supporting procurement system compliance, materials management, prime contract flow downs, supplier quality, and supplier teaming to achieve successful results.
• Experience working with price analysis methodologies.
• Experience working with Commercial Supplier Agreements (CSAs) and End User License Agreements (EULAs).
Security Clearance Requirement - Must possess an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this position.
Success in this role will require:
• Ability to understand technical concepts and apply that understanding to daily procurement and program support requirements
• Self-starter that can establish priorities, resolve immediate issues, and coordinate with program manager on complex problems
• Comfortable working with senior management.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.