The Aviation Maintenance and Sustainment (AMS) Division of Leidos has an opening for a Systems Integration Engineer in Manassas, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to lead the design, development, and fielding of innovative solutions for next generation airborne ISR aircraft. The Systems Integration Engineer provides expertise, integration, and maintenance of airborne mission systems and serves as a resource to professional aviation and ISR team members.
- Provide design, development, integration, and test support for the mission systems utilizing knowledge of network, mechanical, and electrical systems architectures and integrated software solutions.
- Develops processes, standard operating procedures, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation in support of the full mission system lifecycle.
- Work closely with the cybersecurity team to plan, execute, document, and deliver RMF artifacts for the design, integration, testing, and deployment of missions systems.
- Work closely with the configuration management team to development and maintain mission system configuration documentation.
- Troubleshoot mission system issues as they arise.
- Must have a SECRET security clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an IT or Engineering field from an accredited institution and minimum of two (2) years of related systems engineering experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Security+ certification within six (6) months of hire date.
- Experience with airborne and ground mission systems.
- Diverse engineering experience with hardware and software integration programs.
- Experience developing and reading engineering drawings and schematics (e.g., network, mechanical, electrical, etc.).
- Comfortable in the presentation program status briefs to customers and senior decision makers.
- Proficiency in MS Office software products.
- Be able to obtain a FAA Class II medical certificate or military equivalent.
- Be able to lift 40+ lbs.
- Candidate must be able to travel throughout the U.S. to support program events and have the ability to obtain a passport or visa to travel internationally.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- Knowledge and experience in the development and integration of ISR mission systems.
- Knowledge and experience with DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- INCOSE ASEP/CSEP or DODAF certified.
- Leadership, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.