Leidos is hiring an energetic, motivated, innovative individual to be a part of our team supporting Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in Baltimore, MD. The DevOps engineer works closely with the Program team to manage and maintain the applications and infrastructure that support CMS and the public. You will deliver solutions that ultimately ensure that the functions of Medicare, Medicaid, and Marketplace are carried out for the US citizen and contribute to efforts to reduce healthcare costs.
- Successful candidate will be a member of a cross functional team comprised of well-rounded engineers who can learn new skills rapidly and work across multiple functional domains to carry out end-to-end delivery of infrastructure services
- Work closely with senior engineers, other team members and application owners to solve technical problems at the network, system and application levels.
- Help design, test and deploy technical solutions that are innovate and leverage new technologies to help modernize the program.
You will have the opportunity to grow in your career as you help us to grow in our value to CMS and in our breadth of services to CMS.
What you bring
- Cloud Skills – Understanding of cloud terminology, architecture, and tools including provisioning and monitoring
- Network Skills - Understanding of networking design concepts and TCP/IP
- Infrastructure Skills - Familiar with a variety of operating systems and understanding of virtual machines
- Flexibility—Comfortable with evolving solutions and finding the most effective path to implementation
- Security Skills—Knowledge of information assurance compliance and information security basics
- Development Skills – Programming/development experience including use of repositories (e.g. GitHub) and deployment in multi-tier environment
- Comfortable in an iterative environment, experience with Agile/Scrum based initiatives
- Collaboration- Strong communication and collaborative skills in providing technical direction and hands-on software deployment.
- Decision-making- Ability to confidently and quickly make decisions and recommendations in the hustle-bustle environment an engineer works in. Making quick decisions allows engineers to maintain the ability of rapid development and deployment of new changes.
- Requires ability to obtain a public trust clearance
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2-4 years experience or Master’s degree plus 0-2 years experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Any technical certifications (AWS, RHCSA, etc.) are desirable
What we offer
We are a forward thinking company of diverse and talented people who make the world safer and healthier through information technology, engineering, and science. We are dedicated to our customers’ success.
- Each of us embodies our core values of integrity, innovation, agility, collaboration, commitment, and inclusion.
- We contribute to our surrounding communities with events where we partner with the Baltimore Ravens as part of our Salute to Service. Together, we visited patients in the VA Medical Center. Prior to one of the Ravens games, we distributed thousands of at-home drug disposal kits to contribute to efforts to tackle the opioid addiction in the US.
For 2020, Leidos is ranked #6 for Information Technology Services companies on Fortune's listing of The World's Most Admired Companies. Leidos draws on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. Our formula to improve healthcare is simple – fuse the world’s most advanced technologies with the brightest minds in science, research, and delivery operations.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.