Leidos is looking for a Software Developer for a position in the Chantilly, VA area. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered. The work requires software application O&M, development and testing of a suite of tools supporting a critical mission product enhancing capabilities through utilization of latest technologies, practices and cloud architecture.
This individual would need to be able to maneuver fluidly in a quick reaction, fast-paced, mobile environment, working hand-in-hand, toe-to-toe with a small team of highly skilled developers and demanding stakeholders. The individual should be a quick learner and willing and able to learn mobile devices, applications, and all associated hardware and software. There may be movement from one location to another throughout the week and possibly through some days. The individual should be able to transition from one task to another, as needed.
· Requires a BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience are acceptable in lieu of a degree.
· Knowledge of or experience with Java.
· Experience with software development life-cycle.
· Experience or education with manually testing of web-based applications (e.g. Java, J2EE, JSP, technologies, including EJBs and Web Services).
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Ability to explain technical procedures and results clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences. Experience with detecting, tracking, reporting, and communicating any test defects effectively.
· Experience with agile development methodologies and test driven development.
· Test automation.
· Scripting experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.