The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer to work at our San Diego, CA location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
The Senior Software Engineer will provide software development support from concept through development and integration to deployment of a large complex system. The successful candidate will have demonstrable skills in use case development, CONOP development, requirements derivation, design, testing, and implementing business logic and Web User Interface (UI) for a security-related business processing application and will establish/manage/verify data in accordance with security regulations. Recent experience in an operational environment is preferred. Approximately 5% travel may be required (~2-4 days every 12 weeks).
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for supporting lifecycle development of capabilities using CMMI ML-3 processes in an Agile software development lifecycle (SDLC). The individual will analyze and study complex system requirements, use design software tools, provide support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques with the use of Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools and will use sound software engineering principles to ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant, and reusable. The individual will provide software process management and control throughout the coding portion of the software development process.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related discipline and 12+ years of related experience in software development
- 10+ years of specific experience using programming languages and tools such as JAVA/JEE, AngularJS, SOAP, WSDL, WADL, XML, and Oracle RDBMS
- Must have a solid understanding of sound software development principles and practices
- Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment
- Must have an active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Experience with the following: JEE, SQL, application servers (Tomcat, Weblogic, JBoss), scripting
- Experience with User Interface development, knowledge of databases and structures, and experience working with XHTML, HTML, XML, XSLT, Windows, and UNIX and Linux operating systems
- Experience with high level requirements management including requirements decomposition, secure systems engineering and development, trade-off analysis, interface control, testing, and continuous integration
- 5+ years of experience in software development on Agile teams using Agile Developer practices such as Pair Programming, TDD, Refactoring, and ATDD
- Experience with FITNesse, Mockito, and C++ preferred
- Secure Software development (i.e. Layer 7 Policy)
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master) Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.