The position will assist in delivering Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM), as Decommissioning Specialist within an operational IT Program. The candidate will be involved in various activities within SACM; process documentation, administrative and logistic support areas within the scope of the program.
The Decommissioning Technical team is responsible for processing and facilitating legacy equipment through a liquidation process to ensure that targeted equipment is ready to be removed from facilities. Team members will also process large volumes of equipment containing customer data to ensure it is sanitized and protected.
You will work in a team environment collaborating with other teams, which requires strong communication skills. Leidos treats customer data with the utmost importance; selected candidates must be able to perform repetitive tasks without variance and adhere to strict Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that ensure customer data is protected and handled properly.
- Processing legacy hardware out of facilities
- Moving large enterprise equipment
- Lift up to 39 lbs and participate in team lifts of 40+ lbs
- Hard drive removal and destruction
- Creating/attaching labels and barcodes
- Updating progress through a web ticketing system
- Documenting procedures
- Escalating concerns to managers as needed/required
- Work with basic PC components and hardware:
- Knowledge of Ram/CPU/Motherboard/Input-Output devices
- Perform duties related to asset; coordination, verification, data input and inventory management.
- Track received items and inventory in the asset management database
- Work closely with Configuration Mangers and Asset Coordinator to synchronize logistical support activities to meet customer requirements.
- Update multiple trackers
- Ensure all work conforms to required U.S. Government and Department of Defense rules and requirements, NGA policies and regulations, and Leidos Regulations
- 2+ years data technician experience
- 2+ years with a ticketing system
Education and Experience:
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
Additional Job Information:
We seek someone willing to perform multiple functions. We seek people open to cross training and willing to apply their skills in multiple arears. This particular position will work in a professional environment, principally responsible for the decommissioning of electronic devices and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently sits; uses hands and fingers, handle or feels objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and occasionally required to stand; walk; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must be able to lift or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Clearance: TS/SCI with a Polygraph
- 20% Local Travel. Travel is primarily local during the business day to multiple site locations.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.