The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Sr/Lead Agile Business Analyst in Rockville, MD.
The Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN) is one of six product-oriented centers, in addition to a nationwide field force, that carry out the mission of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The Center provides services to consumers, domestic and foreign industry and other outside groups regarding field programs; agency administrative tasks; scientific analysis and support; and policy, planning and handling of critical issues related to food and cosmetics. The FDA CFSAN program supports the development and Operations & Maintenance of systems continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to analyze and implement advances in technologies that will improve efficiency and performance leading to greater user satisfaction and reducing the cost of operations and maintenance (O&M). Effort is underway to develop state of the art applications that can be used on various platforms and to retire some of the legacy systems with modern and efficient applications. The position requires travel to customer locations in College Park, MD and Rockville MD. Travel costs are not reimbursable for program travel.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Lead Business Analyst/Systems Engineer position include but not limited to the following:
- Provide overall leadership to the FDA CFSAN Systems Engineer/Business Analyst and Development team
- Actively engage/lead in process improvement initiatives
- Lead FDA business owner in understanding the business needs and communicating to a wide range of stakeholders
- Lead analysis, development and presentation of requirements based on FDA business and project needs
- Collaborate with developers, DBAs and testers and drive software development team in ensuring requirements are implemented correctly and meet customers’ expectations
- Ability to identify, evaluate and demonstrate solutions to complex system problems
- Actively participate/lead in the discovery/validation/verification process throughout the development life cycle
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12 years or more of professional experience; or 10 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree. Considered an expert, authority in discipline.
- Proven experience working in complex projects gathering user requirements and converting them into user story and acceptance criteria requirements
- Proven experience with workflow analysis and process modeling
- Demonstrated understanding of full software development life cycle and FDA’s EPLC process
- Hands on experience with requirements management tool
- Proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions
- Excellent technical writing, verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives
- Managing internal/external scrum calls
- Being able to multi-task the various requests/projects
- Stakeholder management – Understanding the various stakeholders needs
- Documentation and Writing Skills – Extensive agile skills and the ability to use JIRA (i.e. guiding the stakeholders to be sprint-based instead of focusing on functionalities)
- Ability to perform some Project Management tasks – Creating baselines, communicating and resolving project issues, and getting the resources working on project activities
US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required.
- Experience with JIRA, HP ALM, PowerPoint, VISIO, SQL Developer
- FDA domain knowledge
Familiar with Agile development methodology
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.