Contingent on Contract Award. The successful candidate will be the Site Manager for the Towed Array Intermediate Maintenance Activity (TA IMA) program in Kings Bay; GA. Leidos has an established site, providing direct fleet support of the towed acoustic systems installed on submarines and surface ships primarily out of Saint Mary’s, GA. This includes providing 24/7/365 worldwide casualty assistance (CASREP) support as tasked. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, coordination and execution of day-to-day site operations, including the coordination of the shipping & receipt, testing/troubleshooting, repair, and waterfront support of towed array evolutions (installation, removal, and testing) of submarine and surface ship towed sonar systems. They must ensure that all site equipment is regularly maintained and fully serviceable. The candidate will operate the facility in compliance with applicable NAVOSH regulations. They must establish and maintain an accurate inventory of Government-owned property held on site in accordance with program instructions and manage property control in accordance with the FAR. He or she must be able to effectively build relationships and communicate with various US Navy, DOD civilians, and DOD support contractors. The expectation is that the candidate will be a “working manager”; as such, required with in twelve months of hire, complete standard program technical qualifications on the towed arrays and associated shipboard handling systems most frequently supported by the site up to and including the Pier-side Supervisor level. Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions. They will be responsible for the training, qualification plans and performance status of site personnel as well as expected to travel as needed to attend meetings and/or to provide technical support services. Candidate offer will include a contingency of acceptance by the government of their resume/credentials as satisfactory for inclusion as key personnel.
- Bachelors Degree with 5 or more years experience or Masters Degree with 3 or more years experience. 4 additional years of directly related experience may offset the degree requirements.
- Two or more years of experience in a management position successfully providing leadership and guidance to personnel engaged in technically-oriented activities.
- The required 5 years of experience is in operating, troubleshooting, and repair of US Navy submarine and surface ship towed arrays and their associated handling systems and experience with of the following equipment: AN/BQQ-5, AN/BQQ-6, AN/BQQ-10, SQQ-89, OK-410, OK-276, OA9070 Series, or OK-542.
- Experience with US Navy organization, communications and logistics processes.
- Prior US military leadership experience at the senior NCO level.
- Prior military experience with direct operational and technical experience with towed sonar systems.
- Experience with interpreting and executing DOD contract documents and statement of work.
- Practical experience in the use of Microsoft Office products (2010/2013).
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Must have a US Passport.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.