The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Business Analyst / Communications Specialist (BA/CS), contingent upon contract award, in Bethesda, MD.
The Business Analyst / Communications Specialist support the development of NHLBI’s public website. The successful candidate will work in an Agile and fast-paced environment supporting NIH scientists, researchers, and IT professionals whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems. The BA/CS will support software development activities through research, design, and requirements analysis.
- Collaborate with the project manager to respond to strategic priorities in support of the organization’s mission.
- Develop use case scenarios, flow diagrams, site maps, wireframes, high-level functional specifications, task analyses based on personas and research. Integrate these artifacts into a comprehensive product design.
- Work closely with the development team to create mockups and provide color and design recommendations for requirements that meet customer objectives and business goals.
- Collaborate on development of new mockups that address upcoming features to stakeholders.
- Provide project team and stakeholders with recommendations to improve usability, UX standards, accessibility, and SEO.
- Communicate and work with other UX and SEO teams on deciding the right usability approach for the customer.
- Provide business analysis and refine requirements in an Agile development environment.
- Participate in the development and refinement of Product Backlog Stories (Requirements) with the project team and customer.
- Write complete, detailed product requirement documents, specs, and user stories, ensuring clear communication of these requirements to the development team.
- Develop and update as-built documentation as part of the release process.
- Ensure existing NHLBI style guide and standards are applied or considered for all concepts.
- Recommend UX improvements, design solutions, and integration solutions.
- Enter and update Issues (Epics, Stories, and Tasks) using the JIRA application.
- Assist in performing validation testing of development stories.
- Prepare communications and deliver presentations on recommendations on system enhancements or alternatives.
- Acts as a functional expert.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, guides, and SOPs
- Product high-quality reports and documentation
- Represents team in front of stakeholders, clients or users.
- Documenting the strategic decisions and key outcomes of meetings with senior tech leadership
- Plans information architecture by studying the site concept, strategy, and target audience; envisioning architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design; creating user scenarios; preparing data models; designing information structure, work-and dataflow, and navigation; evaluating information representation; conducting creative meetings.
- Analyzing and breaking down customer needs/wants/goals into actionable tasks that affect user experience. This process includes data collection and analysis and UX research in best practices, standards, and trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, digital design, user experience, information architecture, marketing, information technology, or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of related experience.
- Familiarity with Axure (or equivalent tool)
- Proficiency in Sketch, InVision, and Adobe CC
- Mobile-first design mindset with demonstrated capability and experience
- Experience with designing iOS and Android app interfaces is a plus
Requires ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.