Leidos currently has an opening for an experienced Oracle Database Administrator with Amazon Relational Database Services capable of supporting an enterprise level system for a Department of Veterans Affairs program. The candidate will have experience and proven expertise in a production environment. This position is 100% remote from your home office in the United States.
The candidate will need to possess a comprehensive understanding of relational databases in a virtual and cloud/virtualized environments (Microsoft Azure, AWS, Amazon RDS for Oracle and Oracle 19c) and related software. The DBA will need to conduct database capacity planning, develop new and update current databases in virtual, and cloud environments. The candidate will assist developers, data analysts, and data scientists with access to enterprise data for development, integration, testing, and production databases. The DBA will be able to tune systems for optimal performance, manage clusters, replication, mirroring, data recovery, testing, back-up, and security. Will also assist with the transition of databases to the cloud and providing production support. The candidate will have experience in Linux systems and deployment automation.
Must be a strong verbal and written communicator, able to communicate with non and partially technical customer personnel. Must be able to work with a dynamic and diverse team of management personnel, technical and engineering personnel, and non-technical staff. Will be able to develop, document, and maintain standards, best practices, or system usage procedures. Will be able to participate and contribute in various project meetings as a subject matter expert. Will be able to support project schedules. Candidate must have a calm and poised ability to resolve/troubleshoot incidents and problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline and 5 years related experience. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- 5+ years of experience managing mission critical databases in a production environment. The Oracle DBA is solely responsible for maintaining VLDBs. In-depth knowledge of: Oracle backup & recovery of databases, Oracle tuning of database instances, Oracle security enforcement.
- Experience with Oracle 19c and Amazon RDS.
- 5+ years of experience managing Oracle on RHEL servers.
- Must be familiar with working and managing enterprise level mission critical databases on Linux platforms in an AWS environment.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Veterans Affairs background check.
- Must have experience with HL7, X12 transactions and data security procedures in healthcare development, test and production environments.
- Previous experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs information technology claims processing is highly desired.
- Oracle certification.
- Database performance monitoring and optimization.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, and integrity.
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools.
- Experience in scripting and automation.
- Problem solving skills and ability to think ‘algorithmically’.
- Experience managing Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual and physical Linux platforms hosting databases and applications supporting enterprise operations.
- Experience installing and managing VMWare products is highly desired.
- Experience with shell scripting, python, and ETL tools is highly desirable.
- Experience managing Linux based servers and applications in the AWS cloud environment.
- Knowledge of relational database analysis and design (Postgres, Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, or MS-SQL).
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, Perl, Shell Scripting, etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge of development operations concepts.
- Experience with revision control systems (Git, Subversion, etc.).
- Experience in Linux systems and deployment automation a plus.
- Administer document and system access rights and revision control to ensure security of system.
- Implement compliance changes via procedural recommendations from Risk Management.
- Experience in multi-node setup, clustering, and load balancing.
- A self-starter and be able to work on multiple complex projects.
- Controlling access permissions, privileges to ensure data security.
- Shall be able to provide user manuals including data standards, procedures and definition for data dictionary.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.