Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Security Team Leader, supporting multiple US Navy programs located at a US Government site in Bethesda, MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self-starter for a challenging position supporting programs that develop and produce state of the art training and tactical decision aids systems. This position requires US citizenship and a DoD Secret security clearance.
Candidate will be a member of the security team at a US Government development and production facility in Bethesda, MD. Candidate will report to the Facilities Security Officer, and will be responsible for the day to day operations of the security team. Candidate will interact with US Government personnel for the handling of all facilities and program security related requirements. Candidate should be familiar with Department of Defense and National Industrial Security Program (NISPOM). Candidate will participate in security assessments and will directly interface with customer and government security representatives. Candidate must be able to backfill and complete any task that is performed by the security specialists. Candidate will perform security duties including, but not limited to:
- Assignment of tasks to security specialists and verification of quality of completed tasks
- Provide guidance to customers and management on security issues
- Prepare for and participate in security audits conducted by government personnel
- Operation of proper physical and IT security in cleared area(s), in conjunctions with government and contractor physical security personnel and cybersecurity workforce personnel
- Conducting security education and training including refresher training
- Preparing visit requests for program personnel
- Maintaining accountability of classified documents for program personnel, receiving and transmitting large volumes of classified media, and other document control tasks
- Maintaining facility and program Security Operation Plans (SOPs) and other documentation
- Preparing for classified meetings and escorting visitors as required
- Contributing to one time projects such as documentation marking, library reorganization, and material disposal.
- Participate in security incident investigations, and prepare reports and/or recommendations for preventative or corrective actions
Leidos is the prime contractor supporting the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock, for training and tactical decision aids systems used throughout the US Navy supporting submarines, surface ships, surveillance SONAR systems as well as a number of Command and Control (C2) ASW systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree and 2 years of directly related security experience.
- US citizenship and an active DoD Secret security clearance.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have good knowledge of, the NISPOM, and must demonstrate an aptitude in many of the security duties of this job.
- Must have direct experience in a DCID and/or NISPOM environment. Must be familiar with the proper procedures for handling of classified information. Must have a general understanding of JPAS.
- Must be reliable, dependable and trustworthy.
- Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence and a dedication to producing quality work results. Candidate must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and able to deal with conflicting customer requirements.
- Candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines, frequently with quick turnaround.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment
- Proficiency with desktop computing platforms (PCs) and applications (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.