Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Virtualization (Azure & VMWare) Engineer to work at a customer site in Washington, DC. The Virtualization Engineer will assist with the architectural, engineering, administration of virtualization infrastructure, as well as participate in the change process and incident response process.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Document all platform service processes and procedures and maintain the artifacts in a document repository.
- Perform systems operation support, including Azure and server system administration, general troubleshooting, and troubleshooting of complex engineering issues for hardware, software, and network components.
- Participate in disaster recovery (DR) planning and execution in support of customer requirements.
- Support data center consolidation efforts.
- Provide expertise and assistance in migrations to managed service(s).
- Provide Tier 3 support for Virtualization platforms to the IT Service Desk.
- Deploy and maintain a local clustered VMWare Datacenter, and an Azure Gov Cloud environment including all related components, settings, and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 7 years of overall related experience supporting VMWare and 2+ years supporting Azure in a large scale enterprise or data center environment.
- Hands-on knowledge of Azure and VMWare solutions.
- Ability to maintain and administer the VMWare and Azure environments.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and VMWare solution stacks in on-prem, cloud, and hybrid environments.
- Strong PowerShell/scripting and VMWare ESXCLI automation experience.
- Experience with Azure Site Recovery, Azure AD, OMS.
- Experience with advanced VMWare services and settings.
- This position requires that a security investigation be completed by the DOJ.
The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer’s IT needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers on site and with staff in the main office in Washington, DC.
- Experience in a Iaas/PaaS environment highly desired.
- VCP. VMware Certified Professional
- MCSE Certification
- ISO 20K or ITIL training and/or certification
- Nominal substitution for HyperV and AWS may be permitted.
- VMWare VCenter
- Citrix and\or VDI experience
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and newer
- Microsoft SCCM, SCOM, OMS, Azure and any other traditional tools a plus.
- Miscellaneous vendors a plus, including NetApp, Cohesity, Varonis, Symantec, Veritas NetBackup and Enterprise Vault, NetIQ DRA, SSPR.
- Manage internal CAs, KMS and other architecture solutions.
- Routing, switching, or other networking skills useful, especially as related to Azure or Virtual Networking.
- Migrations and upgrades, including in place VMWare, on-prem to cloud, cloud to cloud, and other operating system and DB systems.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.