The Airborne Sensors and Analytics Division (ASAD) within the Defense Group of Leidos has a dynamic opportunity Systems Engineers for the Unmanned Aircraft Systems Ground Control Station Version 4 (UASGCS-V4), Tactical Unmanned Aircraft Systems (TUAS) and Gray Eagle Modeling, Navigation and Integration (GEMNI) programs. This position is located in our Huntsville, Alabama offices, in support of U.S. Army Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) programs.
The Systems Engineer will be part of an Engineering Team supporting UAS systems. This position is responsible for technical planning and full lifecycle design, development, and integration in support of the UAS community. Standard engineering methodologies, processes, and tools will be used to perform problem solving, solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities. Functional responsibilities include requirements analysis, implementation planning, subcontractor coordination, integration & test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment. Although this is a technical/engineering position, communication and interpersonal skills are crucial in this role. The candidate will be expected to interface with Government personnel, subcontractors, and management to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve issues.
The Systems Engineer will report to the Army UAS Chief Engineer.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Acts as a proponent to ensure successful systems engineering input to the US Army UASGCS-V4, RQ-7Bv2 Shadow and US Army MQ-1C Gray Eagle programs.
• Performs integration, troubleshooting, testing, and documentation of UAS engineering tasks.
• Develops and transforms low/high-level design artifacts into functional systems design.
• Develops model-based system engineering products.
• Develops lower level requirements.
• Develops test plans that validate customer driven requirements are met.
• Develops and maintains engineering documentation and diagrams.
• Coordinates and communicates with US Army UAS stakeholders, end users, and internal & external customers and leadership.
• Bachelor of Science in Systems Engineering or related engineering field.
• Ability to diagnose complex system problems and develop innovative solutions.
• Ability to work and collaborate in team-based environment.
• Ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities.
• Strong troubleshooting, problem solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook).
• Active DoD Secret clearance with ability to maintain.
• 10% CONUS travel required
• Willing to relocate to Huntsville, Alabama if not local
• Master of Science degree in related engineering field.
• Two (2) years’ related experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of multiple engineering disciplines (Integration, Software, Aero, Avionics, etc.).
• Report and/or technical writing experience.
• Experience developing Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for new opportunities.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.