The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Program Manager and Senior Systems Engineer, preferably with specialty engineering expertise in either the Nuclear Hardening and Survivability (NH&S) or Parts, Processes and Materials (PM&P) discipline.
The ideal candidate would work out of a Leidos office in one of the following locations: Los Angeles/San Diego CA, Albuquerque N.M., or Ogden Utah, but other locations are acceptable.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your Systems Engineering expertise to build a Leidos Team in support of the design and development of the next generation Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) system called the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD).
- Specialty Engineering Program Manager leading a team of 10-20 Leidos technical staff comprised of NH&S and PM&P engineers, with responsibility for all technical and financial direction of the project and overall management of project planning and scheduling.
- Provide systems engineering technical leadership in developing NH&S and PM&P technical approach, design, and validation.
- Maintain close liaison with the GBSD prime contractor, and be responsible for effective and timely communication with the prime to ensure successful Leidos Team performance. Frequent travel will be required to El Segundo, CA and Roy, Utah.
- Ensure all contract requirements, terms and conditions, and Leidos policies are followed by in execution of the program.
- Provide supervisory oversight to all team members including setting of objectives, performance evaluations, make recommendations for rewards and incentives, and work with HR to address any personnel performance issues.
- B.S. degree in engineering or other relevant discipline. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- At least 12 years of experience in systems engineering or related technical domain.
- Experience in managing teams of at least 10 personnel.
- Ability to obtain a DoD SECRET level clearance.
- Specialty Engineering expertise in either NH&S or PM&P disciplines.
- Security clearance at Secret level.
- Located in close proximity to Leidos offices in LA/SC, CA, Albuquerque, N.M. or Ogden, Utah.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.