The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Junior Java Developer in a software development project for the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The position is located in Bethesda, Maryland.
The successful candidate will:
• Design, develop, and maintain key components of software applications using JEE, Spring MVC, Spring JDBC, Bootstrap, SOAP/RESTful, XML, SQL, Git and JIRA in an Agile software development environment.
• Support toward development of a technical roadmap.
• Create and update all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development, and testing.
• Present concepts using UML and be willing to challenge other team member’s designs as well as receive and incorporate feedback.
• Communicate and collaborate extensively with analysts, architects, DBAs, operations, and testers using Agile Scrum.
• Provide status and other day-to-day communications to the Technical Lead, Scrum Master, and Project Manager
• Periodically provide help desk triage/ production support
The candidate must:
• be proactive and result oriented
• have strong design skills
• be a problem-solver
• thrive in a fast-paced work environment
• comfortable working with team members, and end-users
• exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree preferably in Computer Science or IT related discipline
• 2+ years of related experience
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required.
• Java 8 or higher
• Agile Software Development Lifecycle
• Software release management in a Linux environment
• JEE / Servlets
• Database Design (e.g. Entity Relationship Diagrams)
• Object oriented design and development
• Design patterns
• Web Services Development (REST, XML)
• Source Control and CM Tools (e.g. GitHub, BitBucket)
• Unit testing - JUnit
• Active public trust clearance (HHS or NIH) a plus
• Test Driven Development
• JIRA experience
• Spring JDBC
• Spring MVC
• Spring Boot
• SQL Server
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.