The Leidos Innovation Center has an opening for an Agile Scrum Master at the Beavercreek, OH office. The Scrum Master (SM) is guiding an agile development team supporting a large DoD customer. This is a great opportunity to apply your experience to support the Xpatch Software Sustainment program.
•Plans, conducts, and coordinates the Scrum Team to decompose prioritized Features into User Stories prior to Release Planning
•The SM coordinates and facilitates Sprint Planning with the Product Owner and the Development Team
•Holds daily Scrum meetings and represents Scrum Team at Program Level meetings as required
•Works with Product Owner on defining their needs and requirements at the feature level; and facilitates frequent demonstration of capabilities for feedback and adjustments to development
• Coach and influence the development teams in implementing and practicing Agile principles and values
• Actively demonstrate and promote Agile principle, values, and practices between self-organizing, cross-functional development teams
• Works closely with Product Owners to ensure backlog items are properly and fully defined prior to acceptance into an iteration/sprint
• Holds teams accountable for meeting iteration/sprint commitments
• Coaches and supports teams in estimation and release planning
• Facilitates iteration/sprint progress by removing impediments and protecting the integrity of the iteration/sprint
• Encourages and helps to achieve transparency by widely reporting/publicizing team progress/success to a varied group of stakeholders; and promotes and educates the entire organization to understand Agile principles.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, or IT-related field, or related discipline and at least 4 years of work experience
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Agile practitioner, working on an Agile team
• Strong moderation, facilitation, coaching, communication and conflict management skills
• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
• Strong goal setting and task prioritization and execution abilities
• Strong leadership and teamwork skills
• Two or more years’ experience as a Scrum Master
• At least 2 years’ experience using Agile tools such as Jira
• Excellent working knowledge of Scrum
• Certified Scrum Master or equivalent
External Referral Bonus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.