The Mission Support Operation is currently soliciting an experienced Trainer to support a language services contract supporting an Intelligence Community customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). The trainer will provide training and feedback to a team of virtual linguists, editors, exploitation specialists, and a program manager. The trainer will be responsible for instructing personnel on customer product types, policies and standards, program systems, research techniques, analysis methods, and security. The trainer will develop and deliver training for new employees, as well as refresher training and new training when new requirements are released. The trainer may also assist with finalizing products prior to submission to customers. The trainers may also provide ad hoc editorial and operational support.
All work will be performed from the candidate’s home office. The majority of the work will take place Monday through Friday; however, nights and weekends may be required.
Languages Supported: Arabic, Bosnian, Chinese, Dari, Dutch, Farsi, French, German, Hindi, Hausa, Indonesian, Korean, Kurdish, Pashto, Portuguese, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Turkish, and Urdu.
The trainer will develop and maintain a training plan that ensures understanding of customer's requirements, standards, policies, methodologies, and tools, and the ability to use program systems. The trainer will also present recommendations on additional necessary training, work with the program manager, editors, and senior linguists/team leads to identify, plan, and deliver necessary training -- live or virtually -- for individual personnel, and maintain training records and statistics. The trainer will also be responsible for reviewing, editing, and publishing products developed by linguists in training to ensure product conformance with customer standards. The trainer may develop individual or group focused or remedial training, as necessary, and will make recommendations to management and team leads regarding the work of specific linguists and areas for improvement. Trainers may develop quality-focused reference materials on a regular basis.
- US citizen
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Have native-level oral and written fluency in English
- Have at least 3 years of professional training experience
- Have experience developing and delivering training using virtual platforms; be able to develop memorable training that addresses needs, gets the workforce up to minimal standards within a short period, and provides for constant improvement; be able to think creatively to address such needs
- Have the ability to review and edit translated media to ensure its accuracy, correct syntax and expression usage, and the correct use of the English language
- Have strong critical thinking skills, sound judgment, very good Internet research capabilities
- Have excellent communication, organizational, and writing skills in English
- Be able to adjust to constantly changing priorities and demands; exhibit great flexibility to meet requirements, often in high-pressure situations
- Have the ability to provide corrective and constructive feedback to linguists
- Must possess ADVANCED computer skills; including MS Office and Internet Research skills,
- Have access to reliable Internet and cable services.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributor to a virtual team
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal formats to a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of Human Language Technology (HLT) such as computer assisted translation (CAT) tools (e.g,. Trados, Worldserver, OmegaT, or other commercial tools), post-edited machine translation, and adaptive machine translation tools.
- Previous experience working in traditional or non-traditional media (e.g., radio, TV, newspaper, press agency, Internet) or journalism
- Previous experience working as a linguist
- A working knowledge of a foreign language
- Experience editing, technical writing, or related experience; significant regional/cultural expertise
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.