Project Planner Gaithersburg /Rockville MD
The Civil Transportation Solutions Operation at Leidos has an opening for an energetic and detail oriented Project Planner supporting FAA programs: MSBRS and GEO-7. The Project Planner is responsible for planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting on projects of various contract type, size, complexity, and level of risk.
Working with Earned Value Lead, this opportunity has significant interface with Project Managers, Contracts, Project Accounting, as well as other organizations and will work closely with the program manager to help define program goals; create and maintain a program's budget, schedule and prepare EAC.
• Defines and implements plans and schedules for new or existing programs.
• Determines, monitors, and reviews costs, operational budgets and schedules, and manpower requirements.
• Prepares budgets and schedules for contract work and performs and/or assists in financial analyses such as funding profile and variance analysis.
• Ensures adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures and submitting timely requests for additional funding.
• Resolves all proposal preparation problems and assess the progress against established plans and parameters.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related discipline, with 6+ years of professional experience; or 4+ years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
• Knowledge and experience of best in class industry practices of budget planning and scheduling
• Strong communication skills: writing, listening, speaking, comfortable communicating in front of all levels including executive leadership
• Experience providing status reporting to customers or high levels of management.
• Financial analysis including funding profile and variance analysis.
• Data analysis utilizing Excel. Financial ledger, Procurement Systems and Time Keeping systems knowledge.
• Earned Value Management Systems knowledge Time Keeping Systems (SLICS, VIP) Knowledge Procurement Systems (Cost Point, P2P) knowledge Financial Ledger (Cost Point) knowledge, Deltek COBRA, and Microsoft Project.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.