The Mission Support Operation is currently soliciting experienced foreign media specialists at all levels (i.e., entry through expert) for a language services contract supporting an Intelligence Community customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). Language Exploitation Specialists will collect, evaluate, process, and enrich foreign language information to address requirements and to identify and extract insights from it. Language Exploitation Specialists must be capable of reading, listening to, and comprehending foreign languages and applying subject matter expertise to perform various functions in the respective languages to include, but not limited to, monitoring and selection; research; source discovery and assessment; baseline maintenance; structured data creation and maintenance for the identification of quantitative and qualitative trends, patterns, and relationships in data; synthesis and summarization; and writing reports in accordance with designated style and quality standards and data management plans.
All work will be performed from the candidate’s home office. The majority of the work will take place Monday through Friday; however, nights and weekends may be required.
Exploitation personnel are required to have strong foreign and/or English language skills but are not required to formally translate material into English.
Languages of Interest: Arabic, Bosnian, Chinese, Dari, Dutch, Farsi, French, German, Hindi, Hausa, Indonesian, Korean, Kurdish, Pashto, Portuguese, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Turkish, and Urdu.
The primary responsibilities of the Language Exploitation Specialists are:
- Monitor assigned Internet-based media sources and make selections based on customer criteria
- Monitor, collect, and condition (e.g. structure, categorize/code/tag, highlight, comment on) foreign media information to include social media, radio, television, newspapers, blogs, websites, and various Internet sites
- Respond to requirements from customers by collecting data, analyzing results, and publishing detailed written reports in English
- Prioritize information for reporting based on customer requirements
- US citizen
- Professional-Level proficiency in a foreign language (ILR 3 or higher)
- Have experience evaluating sources, conducting research, synthesizing and summarizing findings, and writing reports in English in accordance with designated standards, or commensurate training or education in a relevant field of study
- Experience with research on publicly available information, including social media exploitation
- Focused knowledge of particular media environments
- Understanding of information collected from the latest digital media platforms
- Must possess ADVANCED computer skills; including MS Office and Internet Research skills, to be able to produce written translations and products and Internet skills that will allow advanced research on the Web
- Ability to work independently and as a contributor to a virtual team
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal formats to a variety of audiences
- Successful completion of English and foreign language testing
- Knowledge of Human Language Technology (HLT) such as computer assisted translation (CAT) tools (e.g,. Trados, Worldserver, OmegaT, Pairaphrase, or other commercial tools), post-edited machine translation, and adaptive machine translation tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Subject matter expertise or education in politics, culture, religion, international relations, economics, energy, counter-proliferation, cyber threats, counter-narcotics, military, science and technology, counterterrorism, or media of a particular country or region.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.