The Mission Support Operation is currently soliciting experienced Workflow Support Specialists to be part of a Data Exploitation Technology Team for a language services contract supporting an Intelligence Community customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). Workflow Support Specialists will assist Translators and Exploitation Specialists with technology-enabled efforts. These may include Human Language Technology (HLT) activities that incorporate Computer Assisted Technology (CAT) tools, post-edited machine translation, adaptive machine translation, speech-to-text, and other advanced HLT capabilities; and data analytics activities that enable more efficient, timely, and in-depth understanding of trends, patterns, and relationships in large, diverse vernacular dataset.
All work will be performed from the candidate’s home office. The majority of the work will take place Monday through Friday; however, nights and weekends may be required.
Languages Supported: Arabic, Bosnian, Chinese, Dari, Dutch, Farsi, French, German, Hindi, Hausa, Indonesian, Korean, Kurdish, Pashto, Portuguese, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Turkish, and Urdu.
- The successful candidate will assist Translators and Exploitation Specialists with technology-based efforts, establish and document repeatable workflows, and help troubleshoot problems.
- For HLT-based workflows, the Workflow Support Specialist supports translation projects throughout the full life cycle, digitizing hardcopy material, creating project packages, assisting with assigning tasks to translators and editors, and managing and maintaining translation memories and terminology databases.
- For data analytics, the Workflow Support Specialist provides methodological support to projects with a focus on tools and data conditioning, baselining, and discovery.
- US citizen
- 2 year technical degree or 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Have in-depth understanding of establishing efficient and repeatable workflows and thoughtful integration of tools and automation
- Understand data analytics approaches and the conditioning, baselining, and discovery of data
- Ability to work independently and as a contributor to a virtual team
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal formats for a variety of audiences
- Must possess ADVANCED computer skills; including MS Office and Internet Research skills
- Knowledge of Human Language Technology (HLT) such as computer assisted translation (CAT) tools (e.g,. Trados, Worldserver, OmegaT, or other commercial tools), post-edited machine translation, and adaptive machine translation tools.
- Bachelor's degree
- Taken training or coursework in digital curation, metadata, digital libraries, electronic records management, big data analytics for the Web and text, ontologies, data semantics, information visualization, digital publishing standards and systems, and data management for big data
- Working knowledge of a foreign language
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Administrative, Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.